Diablo II Resurrected announced at Blizzcon (1 Viewer)

Xeno

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Full 4K HD remaster along with remastered audio and quality of life improvements. It'll have the option to switch to old visuals ala Starcraft Remastered. Coming this year to consoles and PC with crossplay functionality.

They should not do this for console unless they get it revamped by a company that strictly does console stuff. During Covid I was hard up for games and did Diablo console and it was absolutely horrible. A one button masher from start to finish. And somethings do not translate however this type of game can be done for console because the Baldura Gate 1&2 on original Xbox was excellent and yea I played PC in that to compre them. Different but just as fun IMO.

They should not do this for console unless they get it revamped by a company that strictly does console stuff. During Covid I was hard up for games and did Diablo console and it was absolutely horrible. A one button masher from start to finish. And somethings do not translate however this type of game can be done for console because the Baldura Gate 1&2 on original Xbox was excellent and yea I played PC in that to compre them. Different but just as fun IMO.

From what I'm told, Diablo 3 works fairly well on consoles. I'll be playing on PC myself anyway. But I am curious how they're going to make it work since this isn't a full remake. The underlying game is still going to be the original D2, they're essentially just overlaying a 3D engine on top of the original that you'll be able to toggle if you so choose. That's how they're getting around the fact that the original has a 25fps cap that dictates all of the animations and game logic.

Eh, Diablo 3 is fine. It's just a big departure from D2. Absolutely everything revolves around sets so gearing is really boring. It boils down to get the set for your desired build then grind to get the right stat rolls and Ancients/Primals with the right stat rolls. Crafting and Legendaries that don't directly support one of the sets are useless. Convention of Elements is overpowered and required for practically every build. Greater Rifts are overly repetitive and you'll eventually spend more time fishing for a Rift you can actually complete once you get to GR110+.

The nice thing about the D2 remaster is you won't need a gaming build if you don't mind playing with the original visuals. Just turn the 3D engine off and enjoy the QoL improvements. Though you really don't need a gaming PC to play D3 either. It can run on a potato with everything set to low. Blizzard's always been good about optimizing their games.

Or if you already own D2/LoD and don't want to pay for the remaster you can just play single player and use PlugY, which enables Diablo Clone and Uber Tristram in single player, all the Ladder only runewords and gives you an unlimited personal and shared stash. Blizzard has stated the remaster won't touch the original release so playing it on classic Battle.net will still be an option too. They've even been resetting the ladder regularly the last few years.

I pre-ordered it.

Beta releases tomorrow for the weekend.

I pre-ordered it.

Beta releases tomorrow for the weekend.

Yep. This weekend is early access beta for people who pre-ordered. Next weekend is the full open beta. Any progress you make this weekend will carry over to next weekend. Obviously none of it will carry over to the live release though.

My biggest hope is that they've made all the ladder runewords, ubers and dclone available for singleplayer. If not then hopefully PlugY is quickly and easily updated to work with D2R.

The storage is awful... can barely hang on to loot...

You're holding on to too much then. Those chipped/flawed gems are going to be useless before you even get out of normal difficulty :hihi:
Storage has always been an issue with D2 but it's part of the game. The fact that they've added shared stash tabs is a huge step towards modernization. If you don't believe me then you should look up a picture of the original D2 stash then compare it to the LoD stash and then to the Resurrected stash.

It's now been confirmed that ladder only items will be available to non-ladder and singleplayer. The end game events are also coming to singleplayer:

I couldn't be more excited.

So I’m off of work until Oct 6. I just bought it for PS4. I’m the least tech savvy or social gamer ever but here is my PSN: Kennabra .

I played this on PC a lot from 2000-2004. I’ll try to give some feedback over the next few days on PS4 vs PC based on memory.

soo one button with a sporadic other button vs hold click with a sporadic other button?

soo one button with a sporadic other button vs hold click with a sporadic other button?
It was forgettable but I definitely remember a button. I’m not bashing on the series, just the console variation. And I simply couldn’t set a difficulty enough to challenge. Maybe Necromancer was a bad class.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom