Dianna Russini: "a team waiting in the wings" to lure SP (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that one turned out to be wrong. Glazer said later that Payton had been going back and forth.

We gonna point out how many times Duncan’s reporting has been right or nah?

You can name-call whatever you want. Doesn’t change the fact he’s plugged in and has good info.
How long have you been around? Duncan has always been a clown who piggybacks off of others most of the time. He is not a reliable source at all. He certainly has been "right" a few times but rarely is the first to get any solid info.

Duncan and Albert Breer have both said similar in the last couple days. Looking more like reality that he sits out another year.
Would be disappointing that our best "asset" gets us nothing.

How long have you been around? Duncan has always been a clown who piggybacks off of others most of the time. He is not a reliable source at all. He certainly has been "right" a few times but rarely is the first to get any solid info.
Just within the last week he got the Roushar info. Been plenty of others.

But go on.

To be fair, if Payton were in town for anything to do with the Saints, thats the last thing anyone involved with the Saints would want anyone to know. Everyone would be saying he is in town for a business deal, including if he were actually in town for a business deal.

Duncan is right, no matter why he is here, its for a business deal. Until its not.

I've always felt like this. Just feels like all this hype for him was generated by Payton himself by going on all these media shows promoting himself. Sure, teams are going to interview him to do their due diligence but in reality he is a 59 year old coach in the league where teams are looking for the next young whiz kid. On top of that you would have to give up assets (picks) to get him.

Could just be delayed a year.

If Allen doesn’t turn it around, he could be an option next year to return.

Not the end of the world.
From what I have heard, that is not likely to be an option.

But go on.
Probably got it in the press release. Duncan has been terrible for years and most will not forgive him for his pathetic "reporting" during bountygate.

Probably got it in the press release. Duncan has been terrible for years and most will not forgive him for his pathetic "reporting" during bountygate.
There was no press release when Duncan released it. He got it first.

And as far as bountygate, I strongly disagreed with his opinion, too. I can separate that from his info.

There was no press release when Duncan released it. He got it first.

And as far as bountygate, I strongly disagreed with his opinion, too. I can separate that from his info.
Have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:

But go on.
The firing of the TE coach is exactly the sort of information he gets these days, anything major he doesn’t have a clue on. The only journalists who are really plugged in are Underhill and, by association, Triplett.

Someone who writes an article stating something with 100% certainty for the opposite to happen, very soon after, should not be taken seriously. Calling him a clown is completely justified. Everyone knows Allen is coach next season so he’s just stating the obvious on Payton. And, as I say, he covered both possibilities on SP coming back or not.

Theres just no way that the Chiefs become involved in this, that Payton will give the Saints any other option than to send him there or sit on his contract.

Sure the Broncos will have the higher pick, but Payton is not going to let Mahomes get away again.

I don't think he's going to give the Saints options either way. I think he's going to pick a team and tell the Saints to make the deal.

He's a Broncos beat writer...they need to push stuff out like this to cool demand and drive cost down
Yep, he’s the Broncos version of Duncan. A mouthpiece who spouts whatever nonsense he’s fed to stay relevant.

Roughly a month ago he was tweeting about how Payton had zero interest in the Broncos and that it was a non-starter.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom