Dianna Russini: "a team waiting in the wings" to lure SP (1 Viewer)

If it's a team that's still in the playoffs (KC would be the team), they can't do anything until they are eliminated, or at least they won't do anything until they are eliminated.

Said months ago that Reid is a prime candidate to retire given his age and health issues. Payton going to KC to join up with Mahomes? Would be a dream for both sides.
Can he afford to wait without inside knowledge. The other teams will want a decision soon and of the chiefs go to the bowl that’s another 3 weeks

The firing of the TE coach is exactly the sort of information he gets these days, anything major he doesn’t have a clue on. The only journalists who are really plugged in are Underhill and, by association, Triplett.

Someone who writes an article stating something with 100% certainty for the opposite to happen, very soon after, should not be taken seriously. Calling him a clown is completely justified. Everyone knows Allen is coach next season so he’s just stating the obvious on Payton. And, as I say, he covered both possibilities on SP coming back or not.
It was literally the only coaching move we made. So…

And name-calling isn’t even justified with children. He “covered both possibilities” because stuff changes. It happens. Life goes on.

Can he afford to wait without inside knowledge. The other teams will want a decision soon and of the chiefs go to the bowl that’s another 3 weeks
I think it’s this year or it’s Cowher territory of perpetual rumors but nothing happens.

I am not trying to be ugly, but who is Dianna Russini? I have never before heard of her.

I am not trying to be ugly, but who is Dianna Russini? I have never before heard of her.
She's been an ESPN anchor/analyst since 2015. She has done sportscenter, NFL live, NFL gameday, probably more I can't think of. She's been a legit NFL personality for ESPN for a long time now.

Could just be delayed a year.

If Allen doesn’t turn it around, he could be an option next year to return.

Not the end of the world.
I agree. Waiting another year is not the worst thing. If a team he's interested in has an opening then, they'll have to pay up to sign him.

I'm just tired of the soap opera and can't wait for it to end.

Thanks for the information. There seems to be some smoke about a surprise team. But Sean is the party who benefits the most with this rumor. And of course, since the team is not identified, who can say whether the report has any merit.

The Chargers have made the most sense to me from the get-go. You plug Sean Payton into that personnel and they go from fringe playoff/1 & done to Super Bowl contender instantly. They’ve got the mid-first round pick that’s always made the most sense and they have a lemon coaching.
As much as I love SP there is no team with a QB like Brees waiting on Payton. It’s not going to be easy on him to take over a team and go to the Super Bowl. We had arguably a top 3 all time QB and a top O all time and got to one. People underestimate how much luck and timing come into play.

As much as I love SP there is no team with a QB like Brees waiting on Payton. It’s not going to be easy on him to take over a team and go to the Super Bowl. We had arguably a top 3 all time QB and a top O all time and got to one. People underestimate how much luck and timing come into play.

I don’t think it’s fair to Herbert to say he’s not every bit as talented as Brees was. I think it’s clear that a QB will only be as elite as his coach’s offense will allow him to be. Staley holds Herbert back, Payton would put him back on that tier with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, etc.

I don’t think it’s fair to Herbert to say he’s not every bit as talented as Brees was. I think it’s clear that a QB will only be as elite as his coach’s offense will allow him to be. Staley holds Herbert back, Payton would put him back on that tier with Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, etc.
Herbert’s problem is that the franchise he’s playing for has no interest in winning and is perfectly content being the Jets of the West Coast.

I feel it will be like the Dashawn Watson trade. All the experts were sure where he would land just for him to land in Cleveland…. He will land somewhere. That is for sure. The reality is that it will probably be one of the teams not relevant in the conversation right now.

Could it be Indianapolis?
Chicago? Lol

the Bears would make a ton of sense: Young QB, and or the chance to draft the best QB this year (which means they could either flip Sean for picks or maybe for J.Fields), Payton and his ties to Illinois, the fact that they want to build a new stadium... it makes too much sense honestly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom