Dianna Russini: "a team waiting in the wings" to lure SP (1 Viewer)

Starting to think the reports of him potentially going back to TV for another year aren't that far off at this point.

Doesn't seem like the market for him at the current price point is all that active. And he wants "the right" situation so it's not looking all that promising.
I mentioned in another thread that it had been my feeling that there was just one job he wanted and he thought that job would open up but it never did. Now its just a show to feed his ego and in the end he'll end up back at Fox next season.

Agreed. He knows he had a great thing. I’m guessing that’s why he leaked out that he wanted to come back to the Saints weeks ago.

It’s a win-win for the Saints now. Either DA turns it around or Payton can come back next year (and if he doesn’t want this job, Loomis can hold him for a lot more since we’d have an opening).
Definitely. People will be disappointed about not getting 2023 picks but this is playing out perfectly.

Another thing is I don’t see how next offseason is any different for SP. If the Cowboys or Chargers wanted Payton then they’d do it now. Really not sure his options next year will be better than the current ones. Just seems logical that a 2 year break + the realisation that no one is giving him full control = return to New Orleans. Hopefully, anyway.

Colin said it may be Washington.

Colin said it may be Washington.
Interesting that he also said Jerry doesn’t sign coaches with big contracts.
Also said that Payton doesn’t need the Cowboys. He already has a brand.

When did 2nd interviews become such a big thing? Seems teams are doing 2nd interviews with multiple candidates. Is it just to make sure their interviews are taken serious by the NFL to appease the interview rules?

When did 2nd interviews become such a big thing? Seems teams are doing 2nd interviews with multiple candidates. Is it just to make sure their interviews are taken serious by the NFL to appease the interview rules?
probably and the NFL doesn't want teams to rush into making poor coaching decisions like Denver did last year with Hackett

That's interesting. "Ducks in a row" would have to mean getting new ownership in place and then firing Rivera, don't know how quickly that would happen though.
I agree there’s nothing stable there

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom