Dianni Russini: Coaches are paranoid about being hacked during virtual draft (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
There's only one coach and organization to worry about.

Are they really going to do this over Zoom? Never in my mind what I see a billion dollar industry resort to this for a NFL draft.

Any team caught hacking should lose draft picks, pay fines, and have their HC suspended for a year and all their other coaches suspended for a number of games each.

Any team caught hacking should lose draft picks, pay fines, and have their HC suspended for a year and all their other coaches suspended for a number of games each.
I think they are worried about anyone hacking, not just other teams

Why does it even have to be virtual? We don’t even see some teams during a regular draft broadcast. Just use the damn phone and have Goodell then whoever to announce the picks. We don’t have to have player or fan announcers this year. I’m sure the networks will have reporters with every team.
Because... Goodell.

As for the hacking risk, I mean, what the actual...? Given the fact that every single football organisation at that level already makes extensive use of data and telecoms services in the transmission of sensitive information, how will this particular information be any more exposed to hacking than what they already save/send/share on a daily basis?

I hear information governance expertise is not all that hard to hire in today's market place. And if your favourite team doesn't already have someone on staff doing this, then they deserve what they get. Like that idiot photo of the Dallas draft board some years back.

This is a none story. There a plethora of logical contingency to combat "Hacker". Especially, if they aren't doing something stupid like using Yahoo fantasy draft website.

If it's not Loomis or coach P on camera making a verbal pick, then we haven't picked yet. I'm sure if the draft is hacked, it will stop and roll with the house party app. Lol

Why does it even have to be virtual? We don’t even see some teams during a regular draft broadcast. Just use the damn phone and have Goodell then whoever to announce the picks. We don’t have to have player or fan announcers this year. I’m sure the networks will have reporters with every team.
Probably has more to do with the communication between coaches, scouts and GM being on the same page. Could really hurt the case for teams trying to trade up/down and having enough time to hear from several potential trade partners.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom