Dick Morris just called my house... (1 Viewer)

cdogg

THE WOOD WAS BROUGHT
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well, a recording of Dick Morris, telling me how evil Obama's healthcare plan was. My question, why does Dick Morris really care this much to call people about this?

Well, a recording of Dick Morris, telling me how evil Obama's healthcare plan was. My question, why does Dick Morris really care this much to call people about this?

Morris is trying to build a coalition of younger adults and older adults to fight the Public Option component of the healtcare plan. He believes, rightly or wrongly, that young adults will be paying an astronomical increase in healthcare costs due to the plan the democrats are pushing through Congress. That is why your name may have come up on his call lists.

He also believes that older adults will see a decrease in services, in part due to Medicare cuts. He believes that older Americans have already spoken up, though the town hall meetings. Notice that most of the people in attendance at these meeting were older Americans who are on Medicare, or about to reach the Medicare age threshold. His next step is to increase the participation of younger adults in the healthcare debate.

As far as "why" he is calling you, he is a political adviser. Just think of his resume, if he can add, "Helped to defeat President Obama's healthcare legislation". Many republicans would pay top dollar to have someone like that running their campaign.

He cares about making money.

No doubt he cares about making money. The donations are not being put in his pocket though. This will be used as a skin on his wall, were in the future he will be able to use his actions to make money in future political campaigns.

Morris is trying to build a coalition of younger adults and older adults to fight the Public Option component of the healtcare plan. He believes, rightly or wrongly, that young adults will be paying an astronomical increase in healthcare costs due to the plan the democrats are pushing through Congress. That is why your name may have come up on his call lists.

He also believes that older adults will see a decrease in services, in part due to Medicare cuts. He believes that older Americans have already spoken up, though the town hall meetings. Notice that most of the people in attendance at these meeting were older Americans who are on Medicare, or about to reach the Medicare age threshold.

Which is weird, since I've seen several AARP commercials lately in favor of healthcare reform.

No doubt he cares about making money. The donations are not being put in his pocket though. This will be used as a skin on his wall, were in the future he will be able to use his actions to make money in future political campaigns.

Right, Dick Morris cares far more about his business future than effective health care reform. He's padding his resume and funneling money to his pals who funnel the money right back in future paid consulting gigs.

Which is weird, since I've seen several AARP commercials lately in favor of healthcare reform.

I am sure AARP will offer some sort of supplemental policy. Follow the money, goes both ways in this healthcare debate.

I have always felt swarmy and dirty after listening to Dick Morris, but he is brilliant when it comes to the political arena. Just as I hate listening to that punk Paul Begalia. Begalia sounds like a sniveling brat.

Right, Dick Morris cares far more about his business future than effective health care reform. He's padding his resume and funneling money to his pals who funnel the money right back in future paid consulting gigs.

The same as many on the left have done for years. Two way street my friend.

Oh yeah, it was for some poll, I was supposed to wait until after his speech about healthcare then answer one question, but I got bored and hung up.

Because someone is paying him maybe?

I have decided that I am for some form of Health Care Reform.

I am for opening up medicaid to folks younger than 65.
I am for allowing FTC insight into insurance pricing practices.
I am not for making employee group plans taxable.
I am not for extending benefits to illegal aliens.
I am not for taxing high wage earners to pay for it.
I am against this overly complex 1900 page attempt my the Senate at reform. Make it simple and use medicaid (well understood program) to offer the public option.

There may be more but that is all I have thought of.

I don't have answers on how to fund it.

I put this in this thread as I don't want to start yet another Health Care thread.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom