Dick Morris sees a GOP massacre tomorrow... (1 Viewer)

RNCC is spending millions on robocalls designed to harass voters while appearing to be from Dems, probably illegal but they budget for fines. Other assorted dirty tricks and vote fraud (1 minute to hack most evoting boxes) could decide any close races.

Right. Who do the dead vote for? There were votes cast by dead people this year in the Democrat primary in Cleveland. Who do students at Marquette U. proudly brag that they voted for multiple times in the 2000 election? How is it that , I believe it was either Detroit or Philidelphia, in a city where 618,000 people are registered to vote, the 2004 election had 630,000 votes cast in that democratic stronghold. How about those ACORN voter registration drives where cartoon characters were turned in with home addresses?

Democrats and their machines have long perfected the art of vote fraud. Why is it that Democrats support every initiative that would make committing vote fraud easier? Motor voter, Not having to show an ID when you vote, allowing people to vote out of their district? It seems that the Democrats don't even feel one has to be a citizen. With their initiatives one would not have to prove it.

"The report finds that thousands of Americans were disenfranchised by illegal votes cast and a coordinated effort by members of certain "nonpartisan" organizations to rig the election system through voter registration fraud in more than a dozen states. The report further finds that while Democrats routinely accuse Republicans of voter intimidation and suppression, neither party has a clean record on the issue. The report finds that paid Democrat operatives were far more involved in voter intimidation and suppression activities than were their Republican counterparts during the 2004 presidential election."

http://releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=51235

I'm sure there will be vote fraud on both sides, evoting machines make it too easy to pass up.

MICHEAL MOORE SAYS:

Yup. Just like it was when we won the popular vote in 2000 and when we were ahead in the exit polls all day long in 2004. You know the deal -- the other side takes no prisoners. And just when it seems like things are going our way, the Republicans suddenly, mysteriously win the election.

Problem: Moore didn't support Gore in 2000. He supported Nader.

http://michaelmoore.com/words/message/index.php?messageDate=2006-11-06

"Either WE Win Or YOU Cheated"

That's liberal Robert Kuttner's claim in today's Boston Globe-Democrat, offered without irony (Democrats are, after all, the "vote early and often" party).

"Unless there are levels of theft and fraud that would truly mean the end of American democracy, a Democratic House seems as close to a sure thing as we ever get in American politics three days before an election... November 2006 will be remembered either as the time American democracy was stolen again, maybe forever, or began a brighter day. "

Last week, Democrats were complaining that black voters weren't going to turn out because they're assuming the elections are rigged, anyway. Now the dopes at the NYTimes-Boston Bureau tell them they're probably right. Brilliant.

READ MORE

http://thenaturaltruth.blogspot.com/2006/11/either-we-win-or-you-cheated.html

Note: The same company owns the NYT and the Boston Globe...Graham is being a tad sarcastic to call the Globe a bureau of the NYT.

Democrats and their machines have long perfected the art of vote fraud. Why is it that Democrats support every initiative that would make committing vote fraud easier? Motor voter, Not having to show an ID when you vote, allowing people to vote out of their district? It seems that the Democrats don't even feel one has to be a citizen. With their initiatives one would not have to prove it.

Democrats support initiatives that allow people to vote with fewer obstacles because they believe that if more people are allowed to vote they will win. Republicans favor more restrictions because if they make it harder on people to vote or create more obstacles to voter registration then they will win. More restrictions means less people will register, especially poor people who because of the transient nature of being poor and moving often or having no real permanent addres. I really have to disagree with you about anyone wanting voter fraud like I said before it has more to do with who the parties want to be eligible to vote or not and how they will allow people to register or restrict people from registering.

Democrats support initiatives that allow people to vote with fewer obstacles because they believe that if more people are allowed to vote they will win. Republicans favor more restrictions because if they make it harder on people to vote or create more obstacles to voter registration then they will win. More restrictions means less people will register, especially poor people who because of the transient nature of being poor and moving often or having no real permanent addres. I really have to disagree with you about anyone wanting voter fraud like I said before it has more to do with who the parties want to be eligible to vote or not and how they will allow people to register or restrict people from registering.

No one party or the other has a monopoly on manipulating voter registration to favor their party. And this idea of having a permanent address, driver's license, etc. as being indicative of being poor I don't think is accurate.

The lower middle class, and middle class for that matter, depends on a mobile laboring workforce. I know a common complaint of the poor is that they can't get out of one neigborhood, one small town. So individuals in the middle class move around a lot because of the demands presented by their employers.

Residency or moving around isn't necessarily a trait of poverty.

I would argue that Democrats support initiatives which would allow more people to vote Democrat, and vice versa.

Last edited:
>>i'm not really worried because of one word.
>>VETO

Jeff old buddy,

I know you are a fiercely Republican poster (albeit a good guy), but if you don't have some concern about the individual wielding that veto pen, then all hope may be lost. Surely you can't find much good that the 109th Congress has done, can you (I mean off the top of your head).

TPS

It would be delicious if the House or Senate hinged on a few contested races where Diebold was at issue. this is why abolishing the electoral college is bad for Democracy as it lends itself to national voter fraud. I look forward Wednesday to our new Democratic overlords; the fresh faces of Dingell, Conyers, and Rangel; the litigiousness of Waxman, and the Speakership of Pelosi.

Michael Barone had an article in the WSJ last week, and only a 50 seat megablowout would suffice to make this a historical transformation. there have been only about five such mid-terms, including elections held during the Grant, McKinley, Roosevelt, Johnson, and Clinton administrations. Margins of the magnitude expected tomorrow make no difference in national policy, and such margins are more the rule, excepting Democratic hegemony from 1932 through 1980. Let's sleep comfortably Tuesday night.

Despite TPS's avowed derision of pictures in lieu of meaningful discussion, this was too good not to share:

06.11.05.Election2006-X.gif

Democrats take two seats in the Senate, 8 or 9 in the House.

Republicans maintain control.

No, I am not a Republican. Or an independent. Or Green. Or a member of the People's Nationalist Party of village formerly known as Vermilionville.

Democratic win in House = Gridlock = Martha Stewart.

How?

Because its a good thing :D

Astounding. While waiting until 7:30 to leave to go to the gym, I was flipping channels. Fox had their spin (O'Reilly) talking about all the people he's got winning that no one else does. :shrug: So I get up to the 60's channels and catch MSNBC (Olberman) with Newsweek's executive Editor - John or Jim Adler/Alder.

They obtained some phone messages that the GOP is running in 50 races that appears to be a democratic phone call but is actually a robo-call annoyance that will keep calling you back if you don't listen to the entire message. The RNCC claimed "maybe it was a glitch." Rom Emmanuel may decide to attempt to bankrupt the RNCC (difficult to do) with thousands of civil suits after the election is over.

Forget all you right-wingers who claim that politics has always been dirty. We know that. But we also know what an art form the Republican Party (including the RNCC, and RNSC) has taken it to. One of our best posters, Ted, used to work for the RNSC and if he could, he'd verify it beyond your partisan eyes (since he's one of 'em). But for obvious reasons...

Anyway, then they go onto name 17 states where there are actual calls to African American districts telling people they will be arrested if they show up at the polls and that their polling places have moved and such.

Let me say this: I'm on record on this very thread in saying that the Democrats haven't really given me any reason to think they're ready to take over national politics. That doesn't mean for a minute that the Republicans have given anyone with even a flicker of political intellect or independence any reason to keep them in power. But why resort to dirt and gutter politics with voters? Hopefully next time the whole campaign finance reform thing comes up, they'll outlaw false, bogus and annoying tactics as well.

It might have been from a biased source, but it's pretty disgusting IMHO.

:plus-un2: to all my posts. :bigbow: to TPS!

TPS

TPS, no more disgusting than the race baiting ad the RNC ran in Tenn against Harold Ford. An ad so reprehensible even their own candidate denounced it. They pulled it, after 10 days, but the damage had been done. No coincidence that what was a dead heat race when the add ran is now a 13 point race for Corker.

Let me say this: I'm on record on this very thread in saying that the Democrats haven't really given me any reason to think they're ready to take over national politics. That doesn't mean for a minute that the Republicans have given anyone with even a flicker of political intellect or independence any reason to keep them in power. But why resort to dirt and gutter politics with voters? Hopefully next time the whole campaign finance reform thing comes up, they'll outlaw false, bogus and annoying tactics as well.

TPS

Bravo, well said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom