Did Anthony only play on one snap that resulted in a lions td? (1 Viewer)

Oh. I'm not disputing the merits of the trade. Stephone Anthony not working out so far is brutal.

But what were the alternatives? I don't remember the timeline properly anymore, but did we week out Seattle or did they call us? Was there another move on the table elsewhere?

No lb could cover riddick in that situation.

The problem with that play was that everyone knew it was coming. I have Riddick on my fantasy team so I have seen that play a lot this year. When you saw the set, you knew that was exactly what they were going to run.

The Saints D didn't look prepared for that play at all. Anthony completely blew it but it was a poor call against it anyway.

Oh. I'm not disputing the merits of the trade. Stephone Anthony not working out so far is brutal.

But what were the alternatives? I don't remember the timeline properly anymore, but did we week out Seattle or did they call us? Was there another move on the table elsewhere?

The move should of been to not make a move when Seattle demanded that 4th rounder as well and it became clear we were going to have to burn a ton of dead money to do it.

From what I remember, Payton really wanted Unger and initiated the trade. I also remember Brees being in shock and posting pictures of his kid crying in his Graham jersey, so I don't believe Graham (before that infamous tweet a year later that's always cited) was a locker room issue at the time.

If the trade was payback for the contract negotiation, then that's petty at best on Loomis/Payton's part. But I really just think Payton wanted Unger and it was that simple. If Loomis/Payton were mad about the contract situation, they'd of never signed him in the first place.

Anthony has all the talent in the world but is having issues mentally grasping the game.
Maybe that's on coaching. Robertson has been a pleasant surprise and Stupar has played well above his head throughout the season, but we need some talent at LB something fierce!

(Reportedly) we reached out to Seattle because we wanted Unger badly, to the point where we told Seattle anyone on our roster was tradable for him. I think we went in intending to move Kenny Stills, but they said they wanted Graham, so that's what set the parameters. It was silly.

The move should of been to not make a move when Seattle demanded that 4th rounder as well and it became clear we were going to have to burn a ton of dead money to do it.

From what I remember, Payton really wanted Unger and initiated the trade. I also remember Brees being in shock and posting pictures of his kid crying in his Graham jersey, so I don't believe Graham (before that infamous tweet a year later that's always cited) was a locker room issue at the time.

If the trade was payback for the contract negotiation, then that's petty at best on Loomis/Payton's part. But I really just think Payton wanted Unger and it was that simple. If Loomis/Payton were mad about the contract situation, they'd of never signed him in the first place.

We originally shopping WR's and Jimmy's name came up in the negotiations. I remember Seattle's GM being blown away that Jimmy was even on the table.

The lack of a solid replacement for Sproles has hurt the offense more than anything though.

Back to the original question, Anthony was in on eight defensive plays, and seventeen special teams snaps.

Problem is that keeping Graham wasn't an option.

And center is undervalued by fans. But I bet you Drew Brees wouldn't agree with that.

Wonder what Brees would have to say about having Butterfingers Fleener at te instead of Graham..,.

The lack of a solid replacement for Sproles has hurt the offense more than anything though.

Agree 100%. This offense was close to unstoppable when we had Reggie and/or Sproles as the satellite RB creating and exposing mismatches on the reg.

Spiller was a swing and miss signing and Cadet doesn't scare anyone except Saints fans.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom