Did Anthony only play on one snap that resulted in a lions td? (1 Viewer)

We had a mess at center once upon a time.

Eh, so trade a multiple Pro Bowl potential Hall of Fame tight end (and take on an insane amount of dead money that could have been used elsewhere) for a "pretty good" center?

Like I said, it's water under the bridge now, but that first round pick busting really makes an already shaky trade look like a complete whiff. Again, love Unger, but a weapon like Jimmy is not worth trading for a good but not great center alone (not to mention the 4th round pick we also inexplicably sent back too).

Honestly looking at the teams kendricks and mckinney are playing on its easy to want them. But I believe if u switch Anthony with either 2 it'll look the same. Jus think Malcolm Jenkins here and in Philly. Staff has got to get better drafting and developing younger players.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Absolutely disagree with this. Kendricks has great instincts and awareness, which are the two main traits Anthony lacks. If Kendricks were a Saint, we'd be a better defense, period EOS.

Absolutely disagree with this. Kendricks has great instincts and awareness, which are the two main traits Anthony lacks. If Kendricks were a Saint, we'd be a better defense, period EOS.
He may be the better player I'm not arguing that but this system is so jacked was my point. Guys are surrounded by far better talent. Look at Jairus Byrd. 2 time all pro. But on this team meh???? I'm jus speaking on our entire defensive system.

He may be the better player I'm not arguing that but this system is so jacked was my point. Guys are surrounded by far better talent. Look at Jairus Byrd. 2 time all pro. But on this team meh???? I'm jus speaking on our entire defensive system.

I think the main thing about Byrd was that he had back surgery right after he got here, and our CB situation has been down and injury riddled.

I think the defense could be solid if we had a more consistent pass rush up front. We need a complete DE with + pass rushing ability opposite Jordan. Chandler Jones would be right on time.

Eh, so trade a multiple Pro Bowl potential Hall of Fame tight end (and take on an insane amount of dead money that could have been used elsewhere) for a "pretty good" center?

Like I said, it's water under the bridge now, but that first round pick busting really makes an already shaky trade look like a complete whiff. Again, love Unger, but a weapon like Jimmy is not worth trading for a good but not great center alone (not to mention the 4th round pick we also inexplicably sent back too).

And it's a good example of why you can't pronounce that you "won" a trade after just one year.

I'd much rather still have Graham, our 4th round pick, and all that wasted money back vs. Unger and a bust of a LB in Anthony. Not that Unger isn't really good, but you can find good centers in this league. You don't find Jimmy Grahams very often.

I know some people are going to roll their eyes... but what has been Vitt and Willis' involvement with assessing Anthony? Their the LB coaches. What in the blue hell happened to inspire the move from MLB to SAM?

He had his ups and downs his rookie season at MLB, but at the same time, the guy flashed some insane raw potential.

So my question is who the heck decided to move him to SAM? After ONE season in a defense that changed DCs mid-season, they totally abandoned the idea of him at MLB?

What the freak is going on with LB talent evaluations? Why is it that the Saints have been able to draft talent on the defensive line and secondary, but completely whiff without fail on EVERY SINGLE drafted or udfa they bring in at LB?

I know some people are going to roll their eyes... but what has been Vitt and Willis' involvement with assessing Anthony? Their the LB coaches. What in the blue hell happened to inspire the move from MLB to SAM?

He had his ups and downs his rookie season at MLB, but at the same time, the guy flashed some insane raw potential.

So my question is who the heck decided to move him to SAM? After ONE season in a defense that changed DCs mid-season, they totally abandoned the idea of him at MLB?

What the freak is going on with LB talent evaluations? Why is it that the Saints have been able to draft talent on the defensive line and secondary, but completely whiff without fail on EVERY SINGLE drafted or udfa they bring in at LB?
So many questions, so many head scratchers on defense. Year after year.

So, which is it, are we bad scouts or bad coaches and management of talent. It has to be one of the two choices. We voluntarily picked guys like Byrd and Anthony, and actually gave up a lot to get them. So, the organization has only themselves to blame. The only question is what part of our organization is failing us.

So, which is it, are we bad scouts or bad cosches and management of talent. It has to be one of the two choices. We voluntarily picked guys like Byrd and Anthony, and actually gave up a lot to get them. So, the organization has only themselves to blame. The only question is what part of our organization is failing us.
Scouting head fired and re-organized and Ireland brought in. Rob Ryan shipped out.

New Orleans Saints shake up scouting department, dismiss Rick Reiprish at Senior Bowl | NOLA.com

And it's a good example of why you can't pronounce that you "won" a trade after just one year.

I'd much rather still have Graham, our 4th round pick, and all that wasted money back vs. Unger and a bust of a LB in Anthony. Not that Unger isn't really good, but you can find good centers in this league. You don't find Jimmy Grahams very often.

Especially when you factor in what we paid for Fleener, this was another disaster move by the front office... we traided away all world TE we paid $10mm a year for a good center, ate a crippling amount of dead money, sent a 4th to Seattle and then spent $7mm a year on a TE that struggles to catch the ball...

I thought Ireland drafted Anthony. Also, wasn't Reprish in charge of college scouting? This wouldn't explain Byrd. Finally, the scouts and coaches are all part of the Payton/Loomis organization...hired by them, I am sorry, but that dog don't hunt.

Anthony was Payton/Ryan's pick. I can tell because they were dumb enough to take the 3rd best LB instead of the 1st. Notice how Anthony and Grayson are terrible. They both were Payton picks and it's no coincidence that either are any good

Anthony was Payton/Ryan's pick. I can tell because they were dumb enough to take the 3rd best LB instead of the 1st. Notice how Anthony and Grayson are terrible. They both were Payton picks and it's no coincidence that either are any good

Meanwhile, Andrus Peat, Tyeler Davison, and Kikaha, Williams, and Swann before injuries devastated them...

I guess that was someone else making those picks.

I'm sure that, however, is a coincidence. :scratch:

Meanwhile, Andrus Peat, Tyeler Davison, and Kikaha, Williams, and Swann before injuries devastated them...

I guess that was someone else making those picks.

I'm sure that, however, is a coincidence. :scratch:
umm yeah Jeff Ireland..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom