Did anybody else kinda anticipate this could happen? (1 Viewer)

This was maybe the most frustrating aspect of 2014. They had 5 home games in the 2nd half of the season, and lost all 5 of them. Even last year, it was just 4-4 at home. And now we're already 0-2 at home in 2016...

And are we ever gonna win another MNF game at home? This has to at least be the 3rd MNF loss in a row at home...

It seems like now, we get 1 big win at home per year. In 2014 it was Green Bay......last year it was vs. ATL on Thurs night. Any other teams we beat at home are teams that, on paper at least, were generally inferior to us (such as Jax last season). It's quite disgusting, really.

Most frustrating aspect of the last three years PERIOD. The crowd/fan base is entitled. Gone are the hard core Dats that were with the team through thick and thin, and wore their disappointment like a badge of honor. The prevailing emotion of the crowd (and a lot of this board) now seems to be if you don't make the playoffs and lay 50 burgers on hapless opponents then the team is garbage, everyone should be fired and the greatest QB is team history should be cut. I am going to go back to the Aaron Brooks/Haslett days, when I cooked good food, drank a bit, and hoped against hope that on that Sunday we might just win a game. No looking ahead, no playoff hope. Just win one game. I used to enjoy those.

The keystone cops punt return fumble, pick six, and Falcons getting the ball after halftime pretty much sealed it. The best I was hoping for was to keep on pace with them scoring and just hope for the last possession at the end. Unfortunately the scew-ups above made sure that was not gonna happen.

Yes. This is not a good team. They haven't been a good team for years, and there is zero improvement on D or ST, while the offense has declined. I'm afraid Payton has been on the downswing for years now. And Loomis always was more of a bean counter than a true GM who could effectively evaluate personnel in terms of football talent. Brees has kept them afloat for a long time, but nothing lasts forever.

Most frustrating aspect of the last three years PERIOD. The crowd/fan base is entitled. Gone are the hard core Dats that were with the team through thick and thin, and wore their disappointment like a badge of honor. The prevailing emotion of the crowd (and a lot of this board) now seems to be if you don't make the playoffs and lay 50 burgers on hapless opponents then the team is garbage, everyone should be fired and the greatest QB is team history should be cut. I am going to go back to the Aaron Brooks/Haslett days, when I cooked good food, drank a bit, and hoped against hope that on that Sunday we might just win a game. No looking ahead, no playoff hope. Just win one game. I used to enjoy those.
Oh, so you're proud to be a losing team?
Once you know how steak and lobster taste how do you go back to eating spam?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom