Did anybody hear Gil Brandt say, (1 Viewer)

sss

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
the Mannings aren't very smart, but they move around pretty well.
He was talking about movement in the pocket and Matt Barkley and his '' heavy legs'' that may hinder his career when he turns 28-29. He has him in the top of the 1st btw. This Old Man is a joke on Sirius.

I hope he meant, they are not fast, but they are smart and move around well.

I hope he meant, they are not fast, but they are smart and move around well.

Probably this. No way he meant that they're not smart. Well at least not Peyton. Eli on the other hand...

EliFace-21.jpg

Gil
Has forgotten more football than you will ever know...

Ignorant, your statement is irrelevant to what he actually said. There comes a time one has to retire.

I didn't hear it so I cannot make comments to the specific statement, but listening to Gil for years, perhaps you misunderstood him.

I didn't hear it so I cannot make comments to the specific statement, but listening to Gil for years, perhaps you misunderstood him.

Seconded... He usually amazes me at how sharp his memory seems to be. He tells stories of the first time he saw a certain player, remembers their scouting reports, he seems like a fountain of information, which is amazing given that the guy is 80.

One possibly misspoken statement and you're sending him out to pasture? Might want to slow it down a bit... Look at the bigger body of work

He must of misspoke, because the one thing everybody knows about Peyton is his smarts. The whole "cerebral" and "coach on the field" talk. Running his own plays, audibles, etc.

You can practically see Peyton's brain growing out of his head. Look at that thing.

Plus Manning can slide and step up in the pocket with the best of them.

Even Gil knows that.

Ignorant, your statement is irrelevant to what he actually said. There comes a time one has to retire.

If you listen to Gil regularly, like I do, you realize he has not 'lost it''. He possesses a wealth of knowledge and is still highly respected.

I'm guessing your radio speakers need replacing. Either you misheard what he said, or he simply misspoke, as everyone does, regardless of age.

Or maybe you just don't like us old guys very much.

I heard it on the way to work this morning. It is exactly what he said, but he obviously misspoke. He was struggling to phrase his thoughts about heavy-legged QB's and how Barkley may be too "heavy-legged" to play into his 30's.

I noticed he sounded a bit out of this morning. Maybe not fully awake yet?

But thats exactly what he said

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom