Did ANYONE Doubt That (1 Viewer)

SaintsFanInLA

BREES SMASH!!
Reaction score
Payton going for 2 early was going to come back and bite us? ANYBODY. I have never been an advocate for chasing points before the 4th quarter. Points are at a premium; you can't afford to just give them away. As a result of that play EARLY in the first quarter, we were forced to go for another 2pt conversion late in the game and we didn't get it. It cost us BIG time.

I am normally not a critic of Payton, I think even though he gets too cute, most of the time he gets wins so it's hard to argue. But all of these cutesy trick plays when it's 2nd and 1 or 3rd and 1 are not very bright. Just line em up and let Murray gash these fools.

Something is wrong with Kamara. I don't know if it's mental, the injuries, or a combo of both but he's a clear liability at this point other than the role of decoy. Anyone who says otherwise is not watching the game. He is OFF.

Yes, we are in the playoffs, yes we still have a chance at a 1st round bye but something is off with our defense as well. We finally seemed to have a game with consistent officiating and our boys couldn't get off the field in the first. You score TDs on your first 4 out of 5 possessions at home and you go in at halftime trailing.

Cook being injured hampered us big time. I think if he doesn't get concussed we walk away with this game big and early. But I hate the ************ 49ers with the passion and heat of 1,000 suns. How do they always seem to manage to hurt a key player of ours who was gashing them on offense? This game felt so much like 11 it made me sick of it all over again.

So, if there is no such thing as pass interference on the outside gunner on fake punts, WHY DIDN'T WE DO THAT IN THE NFCCG?!?!?!

My only hope is that we see this team again in the playoffs but we are healthy and both DA and SP get their collective heads out their you know whats and call a good game and we walk away with a victory.

EXACTLY HOW MANY GIGANTIC DEFENSIVE LET DOWNS IN THE FINAL SECONDS OF A GAME DO WE NEED TO SEE BEFORE SOMETHING CHANGES?!
Rant over

Last edited:
No, not at all I wasn’t even mad I knew the 49ners would go down the field and score with 58 seconds left on the clock. Good game Saints though.

I'm so angry right now. Should have just kicked the extra point and what the #$/&% happened to our secondary. This game was lost by the defense and all we will here this week is how they need to clean things up and play better, no crap.

My problem with the 2 point was the playcalling.

Anything but the Drew Brees Special on the 1 yard line is unacceptable.
It was a top 5 defensive team. Points were expected to be hard to come by, take the points. I said it as soon as he lined up for it. Sometimes Payton suffers with the "I am the smartest guy in the room" mentality and makes bad calls resulting in bad outcomes. You have essentially just given them the momentum back. You scored a TD, could drive another nail in the coffin but you miss and now they are feeling a bit better about themselves. 14 -7 just FEELS different than 13-7, just like 21-7 feels different than 20-7. It was a dumb call and he SHOULD be lambasted for it.

Ultimately it did. I was perplexed at the call even from the 1 yard line. It forced us to go for 2 again and we couldn't convert. At that point we all knew this was probably over for us with 53 seconds left and all of their time outs. Our defense was awful all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom