Did Anyone Else Enjoy Watching The Pressure Defense? (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I sure did. I think the Saints should try to play this type D the rest of the way. Not many QB's can take off like Vick and we would have had 10 sacks on a regular QB. Let Craft play man with his speed on the left side and MM does a good job on the other. Send at least 5 maybe 6 often. It really worked well yesterday. They did well with the run in this setup also. Opinions?

I sure did. I think the Saints should try to play this type D the rest of the way. Not many QB's can take off like Vick and we would have had 10 sacks on a regular QB. Let Craft play man with his speed on the left side and MM does a good job on the other. Send at least 5 maybe 6 often. It really worked well yesterday. They did well with the run in this setup also. Opinions?

We did vs Atlanta the first time, Baltimore (we lost, not nessecarily due to Def. though), and Cinncy (worked for 3 quarters, failed the 4th).

Gibbs actually likes to play the Cover-1, move the SS up, do some 5 and 6 man blitzs and load up on the run. That's his prefered style. At times certain teams force him to play soft (Steve Smith and Keyshawn Johnson the first Carolina game) and certain situations (we probably would have gone to a soft cover-2 if we had the lead vs Cinncy going into the 4th), but by and large he wants to play the aggressive style.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom