Did anyone else have a bad time on bourbon?? (1 Viewer)

Many years ago while dating my first wife and our having her roomate with us, we were followed by two thugs somewhere in the quarter while on a visit.
As they got closer, I began stretching my neck and rolling my shoulders back. Suddenly, she pulled me through the next set of doors on that dark and seemingly deserted street. It was a bar, of sorts, full of couples that really dug each other. I said, "This is a great place with good drinks." My future wife said, "You dumb bast..., don't you realize that you are the only man in here?" TRUE!

Bourbon St. is a rough place, Steno, no doubt about it. You didnt just "claim" to see that stuff, because I know its really there too. I did notice that the rest of the Quarter actually seems a bit gentler, especially Decatur Street. I agree w/ the above poster who said dont go there when "everybody else" is there, especially the 20 yr old rookies out to prove their manhood, acting like its the first time they ever had a beer. If nudity and pp'ing bugs you, you might not want to venture north of Royal St. My wife will tell you I literally put on my "fighting shoes," when we do Bourbon St.--not that I'm looking for one. I'd much rather enjoy a Hurricane, see the fun stuff, party w/ all the cool people, and just have fun.

The rest of the Quarter really does look nice, but we noticed Bourbon has been really stinky and covered in that black sidewalk scum in the morning---maybe we just caught it at the wrong time. Didnt they used to have a streetwasher every morning? If I were a shopowner, I would be tapping on some shoulders.

Either way, Im going back for the Bengal game. Have fun and treat each other with respect, especially the ladies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom