Did anyone else have a bad time on bourbon?? (1 Viewer)

steno2

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I went to the french q. sat. night and sun. and both nights the crowd was really rough. i saw people throwing glass bottles down the street, fights, and a lot of drugs. maybe i'm just getting older, but what happened?

i nearly got into a fight myself because i bumped into someone the wrong way, i was lucky my friends were so close because he swung at me and tried to wrestle me to the ground. honestly how stupid can you be to start a fight on bourbon!

sadly a lot of the people doing these things seemed to be locals.

i can honestly say that i do not plan on going back to the quarter.
just wondering if anyone else noticed, i'm really shocked by how ugly the crowd is downtown.

Well, I had a good time with my friends and a few girls. I didn't see what you were talking about. Of course I am 22 and don't really care about pot smoking and beer bottles or fights. I thought it was the same old bourbon.

At first I thought that should be a cause for concern. Then I thought about it and realized that yea, some of the WORST beatdowns I ever saw were in the Quarter. But not on Bourbon - always somewhere else. Fights on Bourbon would be a new one on me.

Last time i was there it was SOB (same oh Burbon st) to me, Wierdo's, Crack heads, Wine o's, drag queens, Nudity, Drunkin idiots, Vomiting on every alley way and occassional urinating in public view by both women and men, People dancing all over the place, a few "PATHETIC" looking fights that more Humorous than Harmful, All around fun :)

I'd suggest going back. I go down there about once a month or so to go out and never see the things you claim to have seen.

People love beating up on the FQ. There are troublemakers everywhere. But from my experience on Bourbon, which is pretty extensive, it's rare that I don't have a good time and usually the crowds are fine.

I'd suggest going back. I go down there about once a month or so to go out and never see the things you claim to have seen.

People love beating up on the FQ. There are troublemakers everywhere. But from my experience on Bourbon, which is pretty extensive, it's rare that I don't have a good time and usually the crowds are fine.

I agree with the above. However, I was there the night after the Atlanta MNF game and it was crazy like the original poster stated. Other than that night though, the quarter has been "normal" no fighting, crackheads out of the ordinary.

I'd go out there with no worries.

I love the French quarters, it's very charming and very romantic in many parts of the city altogether, Hard not to fall in love with this city, Some people who came there when they were young still hold on to bad memories, like bad smells, dirty streets litered with everything, Bums all over the place, and Pot holes ever 2 feet.

New Orleans has changed alot During Morial and Nagin Days, It looks NIIIIICEEE! Canal has a nice median where the Trolly goes, its also safe to walk up and down that median without risking your life, Signal lights are on point and some are very hightech, Police presence is KNOWN!, Burbon street gets cleaned Daily as far as i seen, the smell is getting ALOT better, nagin promised some type of agressive cleaning plan to remove the odor thats so Infamous of the city altogether, Near the Riverwalk is getting a face lift, it's all coming together, it's slow but if anyone pays attention to the progress agressively as i do, i see Alot going for this city, Enough in fact for me to want to move back after living in tampa for almost 4 years, if they can land the right companies in my field.

I was on Bourbon before and after the game, and everything seemed normal (as normal as they can be for Bourbon).

The out of town fans were generally festive and nice, as many fans are.

BTW - The women in costumes - OH MY!! There were tons of good looking gals dressed up all sexy for Halloween. I can't imagine any place else in the USA on Saturday night where you get to see that much cleavage!

There were a ton of Ravens fans on Bourbon street sunday night. I left before anything BS would happen. I had a much better time walking down Decatur.

You should ask Brennan77 for some Bourbon suggestions. He has a nice collection. :shrug:

What ever you do, for the love of god, don't ever set a disposable camera down on a motorcycle, especially if the bike is purple.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom