Did anyone else have a bad time on bourbon?? (1 Viewer)

Thats what happens when they have the Police Officers chasing Prostitutes.

I think the key is go when everyone else *isn't* there (don't go for Mardi Gras, New Years, St. Pats, etc., but pick some random day)

Seconded on the Frenchman Street area (including most of the Marigny bars).

>>I stopped drinking K and B Bourbon a long time ago.

But as my friend's cheap maw used to exclaim, "well unlike Jack Daniels, it actually gives you a 7 years aged promise." :shrug: And no, we couldn't argue with her despite the fact we were George Dickel drinkers.

I was on Bourbon Street last night for the entire week of Mardi Gras courtesy of Court TV's "Mardi Gras" series with the NOPD. There were the usual assault arrests, drunken idiots, "tripped, fallen and busted open head" old foreigners, busts, etc. Seemed like a normal day to me.

Last time I actually partied (and I'm not talking about going to a skeezer place like Razoo's) on Bourbon was with Loose Cannon, Killah, and OnePeat. We pretty much reigned on that parade. /hey fatty

TPS

Razzoo's fat bouncer tried to choke out Deuce didn't he?

Eff that place...

I was on Bourbon before and after the game, and everything seemed normal (as normal as they can be for Bourbon).

The out of town fans were generally festive and nice, as many fans are.

BTW - The women in costumes - OH MY!! There were tons of good looking gals dressed up all sexy for Halloween. I can't imagine any place else in the USA on Saturday night where you get to see that much cleavage!

maybe they shopped here...

http://www.threewisheslingerie.com/halloween.asp

Going to be in New Orleans for the redskins game and were planning to go out and have a good time saturday before the game

Where should we go and where shouldn't we go ?

Any previous experience with Redskins fans ? We were planning to wear Saints Jerseys but don't want to provoke anyone. After all we want to :1party: :bier:

going to our first game in the superdome and not :0093:

It's really a shame, but the quarter has really turned into a toilet over the last few years.

The whole city gets discouraged when the saints lose, try to go to the "quarters" when we win and its a whole different experience. ...along with the drunks, and fights, and crackheads, and naked chicks, and people who want your money.

I think the key is go when everyone else *isn't* there (don't go for Mardi Gras, New Years, St. Pats, etc., but pick some random day)
i totally agree with that comment, but i think there needS to be much more police and they should put some of the national guardsmen on top of rooftops with binoculars, and radios
the guys i saw throwing beer bottles down the street, just amazed me they could've really hurt or killed someone, i don't know what's going on in this city, but crime is getting out of hand again, the saints loss, ...WHAT NEXT!

Yeah, some drunk Ravens fan wearing his Thug Starter Set knocked me over and grabbed my ankle. He kept muttering somthing about "putting a little hot sauce on it." Oh, wait, that was during the game.

I agree with most the last time I was there is was the same old Bourbon, a couple of fights blah blah blah. Nothing too different that what you should expect. I have a friend that works down there that is NOPD and he sees it day in and day out and hasn't mentioned it being any worse/better lately.

WHO DAT

I have been on Bourbon St. plenty of times for all kind of occassions from New Years to Mardi Gras to Sugar Bowl. Oh yeah you must have been the one that ran away when I swung at him for making me drop my beer. Maybe if you weren't stumbling drunk into people they would not want to fight you.

A month ago there were as many cops in the FQ as there were visitors. Is that still the case?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom