Did anyone else Laugh (1 Viewer)

The NFL has a new rule that you cannot hit a "defenseless" player standing around a pile. Whether or not the whistle blew has no bearing on the refs throwing a flag .

I don't like it more anymore than the next guy, but technically the refs made the correct call.

Thanks for schooling the uninformed (me) about that rule. I was leaning strongly towards the "I didn't hear a whistle blow" camp, but if that's the rule, that's the rule. Maybe Jahri was still playing on instincts ingrained since Pop Warner, but that one hurt.

The whistle blew while he was in mid-flight. He could have (and should have) tried to soften the blow. He didn't (probably for the same reason so many loved the hit) and got flagged, then pulled from the game by Payton for a spell. Love the fire, but he has to play smarter. If you want to hit people late, do it with a 21 point lead.

i think that penalty was the turning point of game. we were about to go up by 2 scores. this play and the missed fieldgoal were huge.

It was a bad call J. Evans came to play.

The whistle had not blown.

I like seeing our lineman run down field to try to help runner.

Also H. Thomas made a outstanding play he followed the play to

the sidelines and put the best hit of the game on that running back.

It was a bad call J. Evans came to play.

The whistle had not blown.

No, no, no. It WAS NOT a bad call. People can call it a bad rule all they want, but they can can not call it a bad call, as the letter of he law was followed in this case.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom