Did anyone else Laugh (1 Viewer)

I feel the Evans penalty was a make up call for the pittsburgh roughing the passer penalty.

I feel the Evans penalty was a make up call for the pittsburgh roughing the passer penalty.

That was actually the right call. They don't want players going for the legs of QB's this year and they have been calling that one a bunch. You may not like the rule, but the call was right.

You can tell it was a dumb move because Payton pulled Evans from the game at that point and made him sit for a while. It was a cheap shot that really hurt us because we were in field goal range at that point. Stupid little things like that are what make the difference in close games. There is no excuse so you should not be praising the guy for hurting our team.

Stupid play, dumb rookie mistake, wasn't funny in anyway. It killed the drive and ultimatly contributed to the loss. Why would you laugh at that? I don't care if the wistle blew or not, the play was obviously over (every other player had been standing around for a couple seconds), he should have known better.

I agree 100% (as did Payton as he yanked Evans from the game). Bush was already on the ground when Evans came in. That was a crucial mistake in the game as we were driving well and could have put the Steelers down 2 scores. Instead, we gave up momentum.

Did the whistle blow? That is the question. Because regardless of what you believe, players are taught to play to the whistle. Yes, Payton pulled him, just because we got penalized. If not for the flag, Payton would have praised him when the team was watching the game tape. Oh, that one play did not cost us the game. What about Copper's drop, Copper's fumble, Reggie's fumble, oh and let's not forget the defense's inability to stop Parker?
A play like this goes one of two ways, if there's a flag he's a fool, if there's no flag he's a beast.

Did the whistle blow? That is the question. Because regardless of what you believe, players are taught to play to the whistle. Yes, Payton pulled him, just because we got penalized. If not for the flag, Payton would have praised him when the team was watching the game tape. Oh, that one play did not cost us the game. What about Copper's drop, Copper's fumble, Reggie's fumble, oh and let's not forget the defense's inability to stop Parker?
A play like this goes one of two ways, if there's a flag he's a fool, if there's no flag he's a beast.

It killed the momentum on a drive that could have put us up two scores. Who knows how the rest of the game would have gone from there or how that changed the game? As far as the whistle, it had to have blown or else the other 21 men on the field quit before the whistle. It was blatant and obvious and a dumb penalty. He will get over it. It was a bad rookie mistake that he will learn from.

IT WAS FUNNY. but i also like Evans picture they show at the beginning of the game with the glasses

It killed the momentum on a drive that could have put us up two scores. Who knows how the rest of the game would have gone from there or how that changed the game? As far as the whistle, it had to have blown or else the other 21 men on the field quit before the whistle. It was blatant and obvious and a dumb penalty. He will get over it. It was a bad rookie mistake that he will learn from.

Yup.

I don't care what anyone else thinks, the Steelers were one more bad play away from hoping we'd put them out of their misery. All we needed was one or two more kill shots. We had scored on four consecutive possessions, including a heart-cutout on that quick drive before the half. We're moving down the field, and then (1) Bush drops a pass right in his gut on first down, and then (2) two plays later, instead of 3rd-and-6 at the 34, where we're in two-down territory and looking unstoppable, it's 3rd-and-21 at the 49 and we end up punting. IMO if we score on that drive we win the game. Instead, we gave them life, just like the Eagles bailed us out with that 12-men-on-the-field penalty four weeks ago.

When you're on the road against a team like this and you have them on the run you've GOT to put them away, and we didn't because of some mistakes by rookies and journeymen who shouldn't have even had to play (Miller, Copper). Actually, I can live with the Miller (non-)fumble and the fumble by what must have been an exhausted Copper, but the Evans play was inexcusable.

We will never, never,

absolutely never

become anything more than a joke as a team as long as we keep making excuses for that type of stupidity.

End of story.

Somewhere in the depths of that idiot's head he's thinking "I've got to make *my* statement here." It's not until everyone quits thinking about the moment or themselves that we are going to become truly successful.

The player was obviously down, so why take a chance and get the penalty. In a key part of the game when we picked up a big play... Why even chance getting a penalty for a late hit? Like others said, Payton pulled him and didn't question the call and Payton was on the field and maybe he heard the whistle blow. Payton will not tolerate stupidity and that was a stupid play. Porter sucks now and is overrated. All he does is talk trash and it's not worth hitting him for that reason alone.

It does not matter if the whislte blew!

The NFL has a new rule that you cannot hit a "defenseless" player standing around a pile. Whether or not the whistle blew has no bearing on the refs throwing a flag .

I don't like it more anymore than the next guy, but technically the refs made the correct call.

Did they pull him? I did'nt even notice. Who replaced him? Good to know if he ever went down whoever replaced him would do a good job.

Bad play, good call by the official. The rule is the rule, and it was a stupid, rookie mistake. You think Payton laughed? Probably not since Holland was in the huddle within 15 seconds and Evans was standing on the sideline.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom