Did anyone else Laugh (1 Viewer)

Boccal

Very Banned
Reaction score
When Evans popped Porter in the mouth. I think it was a bad call, the whistle didn't blow we were always taught to play till the whistle.

What was the deal with that? Did the whistle blow? I didn't think it had. Have they changed a rule or something? Heck I was glad to see the spunk in the kid. We need some nasty linemen.

That was stupid because their was no wistle and later in the game on the play that Colson ran into the official Porter hit Colston when he obviously did not have the ball and no flag. Go back and check that play out!!!!!!

I thought it was a bad call as well. Definitely hurt us, would have been 3rd and 6 on the Pitt 34, instead 3rd and 21. I hated seeing them pull the kid after the play.

I thought it was awesome. Porter talked the trash, he got smacked back down. They won the game, but he took the hit. And it was a BIG hit.

:rock:

TPS

That play was the turning point of the game. It killed that drive and started momentum in favor of the Steelers.

Stupid play, dumb rookie mistake, wasn't funny in anyway. It killed the drive and ultimatly contributed to the loss. Why would you laugh at that? I don't care if the wistle blew or not, the play was obviously over (every other player had been standing around for a couple seconds), he should have known better.

Well it does make a difference if the whistle blew, because that's one of the first things you learn as a player......play till you hear the whistle. If the whistle hadn't blown(which it did not, I replayed it several times and the whistle came right after the hit) then he was doing his job.

The play was essentially over, yes, but no whistle you keep playing. The ref shouldn't have thrown the flag because he was too slow to blow his whistle.

I was watching the game with a friend of mine who is a Steelers' fan and happened to play O-Line professionally. He admitted that it was a bad call by the refs for the same reasons listed here (i.e., the whistle hadn't been blown and sometimes the O-Linemen need to make statements like they are not going to give up until the play is over).

That play was the turning point of the game. It killed that drive and started momentum in favor of the Steelers.

I agree, as much as I dislike Porter, it was a cheap shot. He passed up two other players to get to him, and everyone was just standing around. Drive killer penalty, any points on that drive puts us up two scores.

>>Stupid play, dumb rookie mistake, wasn't funny in anyway. It killed the drive and ultimatly contributed to the loss. Why would you laugh at that?

Because I thought it was funny. Don't take yourself so seriously, because I sure don't (you or me ;) ). I enjoyed it very much because I thought Porter deserved it. Sue me.

TPS

That play cost us getting a score that could have led to us winning the game. It was stupid and unnecessary.

Why are you guys saying this cost us the game? I think the defense gave up to much which intern cost us the game. Evans did his job Porter is all mouth. See that’s what’s wrong with the NFL and some of the fans they forget that football is a contact sport. If Evans did that 10 times in a row to some one I would say the same thing. Good job play to the whistle. Any other stadium and it wouldn't have been called.

I'll still take it over what we saw over the last few years -- guys (not so far removed from the action) standing around with their hands on their hips while a play finished out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom