Question Did anyone else notice on Drew Brees' interception...? (1 Viewer)

Seriously. The guy never fights to go up and get it. That's why last years bomb to him from Brees against the Rams to get us in position for that horrific no-call was surprising to me cause he jumped up to go get it. I didn't even know it was him at first cause I thought there's no way that was him.

I don't mean to be cruel; he's just never going to be mistaken for a ballhawk. And that was a hell of a time and a hell of a catch, it just didn't work out for us.

Here's the video from the Vikings site (so consider the source), but from my perspective Ginn was about 5-7 feet away and on the ground at the point the catch is secured (29-30 second mark).

I'm good with pointing out bad calls, but this is an odd one to say Ginn's foot was touching his helmet on.

You can clearly see Ginns foot contact his helmet as he goes down. Now, if the consider it a completion while he is on back, then yes, no contact. I was referencing while he was on the way to the ground, contact made, play ends.

I never said it was a bad call, just said I thought the contact from Ginns foot would count to down him. Its a simple post on a message board, not like Im on trial, Detective Spipowitz........

You can clearly see Ginns foot contact his helmet as he goes down. Now, if the consider it a completion while he is on back, then yes, no contact. I was referencing while he was on the way to the ground, contact made, play ends.

I never said it was a bad call, just said I thought the contact from Ginns foot would count to down him. Its a simple post on a message board, not like Im on trial, Detective Spipowitz........

I rewatched it and I see the moment you are referring to.
I'll stop the interrogation. My misunderstanding on that.

I wonder if that play was an audible from Drew. Throwing to double coverage after Taysom completed a bomb.
If that is the case, Sean Payton should be mad at Drew.

Did you see when DD stonewalled Cook at the goal line. They still gave them the TD. Smdh!!! That's officiating at it's best. I tell ya!!!

DD stopped Cooks in his tracks. He didnt know what hit him.

Did y'all also notice Ginn being held and prevented to go up and at least try to break up the interception. Defensive pass interference right? Harris hasn't touched the ball yet and is going up to get it while Ginn is being held by the other guy.

81513950_808260036359186_1756735958725689344_n.jpg

Is there any reason why Ginn didn’t even attempt to make a play for the ball?

I'm not sure what he could have done on that play. He's running a post route with the CB on his outside. He's running and looking back for the ball, and at the last second, the safety jumps in front of him to make the play. By that time, the CB has Ginn wrapped up pretty solid, so there wasn't much he could do. I don't think Ginn ever knew the safety was there.

1578448939443.png

I'm not sure what he could have done on that play. He's running a post route with the CB on his outside. He's running and looking back for the ball, and at the last second, the safety jumps in front of him to make the play. By that time, the CB has Ginn wrapped up pretty solid, so there wasn't much he could do. I don't think Ginn ever knew the safety was there.

1578448939443.png

Literally PI or Holding

Did y'all also notice Ginn being held and prevented to go up and at least try to break up the interception. Defensive pass interference right? Harris hasn't touched the ball yet and is going up to get it while Ginn is being held by the other guy.

Wow!!!!
81513950_808260036359186_1756735958725689344_n.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom