Question Did anyone else notice on Drew Brees' interception...? (1 Viewer)

Bill

Thirsty for more!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Did anyone else notice on Drew Brees' interception that Ted Ginn's hand was on the defender's arm & shoulder after he secured the catch? Then the defender hit the ground and got up to run thus giving the Vikings half the field to start their scoring drive.

Was any reason given why he was allowed to advance the ball after the INT? :scratch:

They said he didn't secure the catch until after he landed on the ground , and it was after Ted Ginn made contact
Aaahhh... I'm glad to know that. I thought that he never lost the ball from his initial grab.

I remember Ginns foot touching his helmet while he was down.

Is there any reason why Ginn didn’t even attempt to make a play for the ball?

Right. Or any reason why on 3rd and 6 (and many other 3rd downs that day), that this is the decision on play, when you have an All Pro receiver who has just broken the record for receptions in a season, and specializes in route running while consistently getting chunk plays of this nature? Oye.

He has not raised either arm above a shoulder since April 7, 2013.
Seriously. The guy never fights to go up and get it. That's why last years bomb to him from Brees against the Rams to get us in position for that horrific no-call was surprising to me cause he jumped up to go get it. I didn't even know it was him at first cause I thought there's no way that was him.

I do understand about the ball popping loose when he hit the ground. I suppose that his 'first' grab wasn't considered a catch because he hadn't made a 'football move'.
But at first I just assumed that if he was touched while going to the ground, it was as good as a tackle. I wasn't trying to start any additional 'favoritism' discussions, I just wanted to know what the ruling was regarding the defender being able to get up and shorten the field without placing the ball back to where he hit the ground.

I remember Ginns foot touching his helmet while he was down.

Here's the video from the Vikings site (so consider the source), but from my perspective Ginn was about 5-7 feet away and on the ground at the point the catch is secured (29-30 second mark).

I'm good with pointing out bad calls, but this is an odd one to say Ginn's foot was touching his helmet on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom