Did anyone else see Coach Payton get waylayed? (1 Viewer)

TPS

Reaction score
According to a guy I work with who sits in the Plaza on the Saints sideline, he said the Personal Foul that was initially signaled against the Saints but then assessed to the Ravens involved a situation where Coach Payton got nailed by a gunner or tackler on a punt return (during a discussion of how dirty the Ravens played yesterday). According to him, the Ravens player ended up on top of Coach Payton and kept trying to hold him down. Coach supposedly got up in his face afterward. "Scott" swears he couldn't have been the only one to see this and asked me if they showed it on tv. I told him I didn't see it on TV.

If this has already been covered in another thread, please point me there and I'll delete this one. I thought it was simply a hit out of bounds or whatever. :shrug:

TPS

Last edited:
>>I didn't see it on TV and if it did happen I'm surprised no one at the game has mentioned it.

It definitely wasn't on TV, but according to this guy, Coach went Apestuff. I'm hoping someone else saw it. He's not the type of guy that usually gets plastered at games, so I'd inclined to believe it.

TPS

According to a guy I work with who sits in the Plaza on the Saints sideline, he said the Personal Foul that was initially signaled against the Saints but then assessed to the Ravens involved a situation where Coach Payton got nailed by a gunner or tackler on a punt return (during a discussion of how dirty the Ravens played yesterday). According to him, the Ravens player ended up on top of Coach Payton and kept trying to hold him down. Coach supposedly got up in his face afterward. "Scott" swears he couldn't have been the only one to see this and asked me if they showed it on tv. I told him I didn't see it on TV.

If this has already been covered in another thread, please point me there and I'll delete this one. I thought it was simply a hit out of bounds or whatever. :shrug:

TPS
I was at the game and yes it did happen. It was #42 for the Ravens and Payton got in his face as the refs were trying to get between them.

I was close too it and I saw Peyton get in his face but I could not tell why. Can someone just rename them the Balt Thugs I mean come on they have more criminal convictions on that team than brain cells.

I was close too it and I saw Peyton get in his face but I could not tell why. Can someone just rename them the Balt Thugs I mean come on they have more criminal convictions on that team than brain cells.

+10000 I couldn't agree more

I saw Payton's response to #42 after the play but did not see the actual hit. He looked P'Od.

i think Chris Henry for Cincinatti has more than the ravens entire squad grouped together..

GOD I hate losses we better kick the **** out of the Bucs. I just hope Duece and Reggie will be good to go

I have to say that the Ravens are now my least favorite team in the NFL. Seriously, I like the Falcons more than them.

#42, Gerome Sapp

sappgeromert8.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom