Did anyone else (1 Viewer)

Wow! I bet he upset a few people in yellow blazers with those comments.

I am sure that he meant undefeated season and a superbowl win. you can argue all day about who did what and who won and who lost to who... but you cant argue a perfect season.

I am sure that he meant undefeated season and a superbowl win. you can argue all day about who did what and who won and who lost to who... but you cant argue a perfect season.

17 different teams have won the Super Bowl.

6 for the Pittsburgh Steelers
5 each for Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers
3 each for Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins
2 each for Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts
1 each for Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

To simply win the SB a team becomes one of many. To win it while going undefeated the Saints would become 1 of 2 and of those 2 the only one ever to go 19-0. Winning it all this year in undefeated fashion will more than make up for never having been to the SB before. No one will ever forget the 2009 Saints. They will forever be mentioned as being one of the greatest teams of all time. You nailed it: To transcend the mundane and achieve the historic is what Irving meant.

17 different teams have won the Super Bowl.

6 for the Pittsburgh Steelers
5 each for Dallas Cowboys, San Francisco 49ers
3 each for Green Bay Packers, New England Patriots, Oakland Raiders, Washington Redskins
2 each for Denver Broncos, Miami Dolphins, New York Giants, Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts
1 each for Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

To simply win the SB a team becomes one of many. To win it while going undefeated the Saints would become 1 of 2 and of those 2 the only one ever to go 19-0. Winning it all this year in undefeated fashion will more than make up for never having been to the SB before. No one will ever forget the 2009 Saints. They will forever be mentioned as being one of the greatest teams of all time. You nailed it: To transcend the mundane and achieve the historic is what Irving meant.

I agree with Marshall Faulk. Giving up the Super Bowl rings maybe but the Hall of Fame, HELL NO. You have what 270 players in the hall out of how many to come through this league???

He didn't say he'd give up the SB wins and the Hall of Fame for an undefeated season. Just the rings and the jacket. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom