Swampy Saint

Super Forum Fanatic
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If you did, stay warm and stay safe.

Many road closures so be careful when you go home.

Office closed at noon yesterday and is theoretically going to open at noon today. I have been working from home.

I work from home, I don't get snow days.

I'm in IT and I'm working from home. My well pump system is frozen over so I have no water, but I get to work in my pajamas. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

I'm in IT and I'm working from home. My well pump system is frozen over so I have no water, but I get to work in my pajamas. So I have that going for me, which is nice.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

I left for work, but when my car started fishtailing, I decided that I had better ease on back to the house.

Out here in SoCal the forecast is calling for the usual 78 and sunny but we still have the flu and its familiars, and PayOrPlay Jr. is home with a nasty sore throat while Mrs. P. and I assess our own symptoms nervously. I hope everyone back in Louisiana can stay warm and that no one ends up with busted pipes the way my ancient Garden District apartment did in the deep freeze of '83, when the landlord didn't get the plumbing fixed for 3 weeks and I was begging all my friends to use their showers.

My boss made it in, so by God we should be able to also. Of course he lives in a mansion on St Charles Ave so has no bridges or interstates to get here.

I fishtailed my way to work taking alternate routes so I can sit here with absolutely nothing to do. I am literally watching Netflix right now, while my wife and kids are playing at home, making a sleetman.

I've been out of work since October, but thanks for asking and rubbing salt in my wound.

Further update: office now closed all day. Still working from home.

In the immediate New Orleans area -- Orleans, Jefferson, St. Bernard, Plaquemines close to the city -- are the roads THAT bad where people can't drive around safely?

The streets in Terrytown, at least in the immediate neighborhood, are ice-free and seemingly have been all morning. Had an AT&T repairman cancel a service call, and was surprised.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom