Did anyone have there doubts about brees when we signed him? (1 Viewer)

CJL

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I'm not gonna lie i did i thought at first he would be another jake delhone a one trick pony becuase wehen he was in San Diego he got most of his passing yards to Antino Gates and also he was behind a very good OL and when we signed him, and after his injured shoulder i thought he would lose his edge and be a average QB like JAke is BUT man was i wrong he is everything i hoped for 1000times:ezbill:

I didn't think he would be ready to start the season, and I was only cautiously optimistic. But, boy did he ever settle those doubts quickly!

Last edited:
Absolutely nobody had any doubts whatsoever. We all knew that he would come in and light the Saints' offense on fire. Yup yup. Prophetic, we are.

Nope, no doubts.

He was my #1 Signee that I wanted in Black and Gold. My #3 was Fujita.

This was one of the Saints best off seasons I have ever seen.

My concern, not doubt, was... How long would it be (after the surgery) before he showed the same moxy he had produced at Purdue and SD.

I wont lie, I thought it was a huge mistake on our part. Not that I doubted Brees so much, but I really wanted us to draft Matt Lienart, Ofcourse that was before I knew the Texans were gonna pass on Reggie. Just reminds me why Im only a fan and Payton&Loomis get payed for making those decsions.

I had a very good feeling about Brees and was worried he would go to Miami instead.

For some reason, I didn't worry about him coming back strong.

My lack of faith that I must admit was in the hiring of Coach Payton. I really wanted Sherman or Martz at the time. Based on the interviews, I was LEAST impressed with Payton.

Boy, being wrong sure feels good! :hihi:

Not so much doubts. I admit I actually wanted Leinart. Just wanted a good rookie to come in that would be on the team for awhile. I'm glad things worked out the way it did, and we ended up with Brees AND Bush.

I wanted to draft Leinart also. I thought Brees was a "Trent Dilfer-type" QB, since I never saw too many Chargers games and LT always stole the headlines. When we signed him, I was like "meh". lol

I was a little leary of the injury, but I felt that if he could get past it then we had a MAJOR upgrade at the position.

That's right. I said major.

I too wanted Leinert (lefty quarterbacks always strike my interest... and coupled with Jamal Brown at RT I thoght it was a perfect fit) until it became known that Bush was going to be available. The Brees-Bush fallout could not have been planned better.

I was wrong about him. I was on the Leinart bandwagon. I really didn't realize how cool he is in the pocket and what a great decision maker he is. I thought most of his success in S.D. was due to LT and Gates. Man, I couldn't be happier with Brees.

I was ok with Leinart or Brees. I thought it was a no lose situation for the Saints. My upside for Brees was him being a veteran and therefore no learning curve.

I wont lie, I thought it was a huge mistake on our part. Not that I doubted Brees so much, but I really wanted us to draft Matt Lienart, Ofcourse that was before I knew the Texans were gonna pass on Reggie. Just reminds me why Im only a fan and Payton&Loomis get payed for making those decsions.

Same here. I wanted to draft Leinart and build the team around him. I felt Brees was more of a stop-gap answer to the QB question for the Saints. I thought he was a good player, but not "special." I was wrong. Brees is a special player. I think he's proven that he is a Franchise QB and, as long as he's healthy, he's capable of keeping this team competitive for the next decade.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom