Did anyone have there doubts about brees when we signed him? (1 Viewer)

I realized a few weeks before the rumors that we were going after Brees surfaced that it would be insane for us to go any other way if Benson truly wanted to remain in New Orleans long term. I was very against drafting a rookie QB and knew Brees was the answer. I wish I had could get back to the posts from March/April because I started a thread that said Why I think we will sign Brees. Boy, I wasn't popular in that thread. So many people had already hyped up ML and VY to the point it was sickening because they thought we were going to draft them. If we drafted a rookie I wanted to go with Cutler and I remernber having some nice discussions about trading down and getting Cutler if we went the rookie QB route. Anyways, I'm so glad we got Brees and five years from now the Saints will be viewed completely different around the league because of him.

i knew drew brees was a great player and i thought we had the biggest free agent "steal" even though i had questions about his shoulder the way he talked about his rehab i knew he would have a good season,this good no,but i also saw us running alot better than we do.i also thought he would wind up having to get rid of the ball as soon as he got it because my BIG worry the entire offseason was nothing other than the offencive line and im so happy i was worrying for no reason

I figured Brees would come in and be "just a game manager" for the first part of the season, and would slowly progress into being a solid - but not spectacular - QB.

Looks like I under-estimated him. Cool. :)

I was concerned about the injury, but was really more worried that he was a QB in a "system" that played to his strong points. Very happy to be wrong on both accounts.

I have to be honest. I thought it was a dumb move and wanted us to pick up our future franchise QB in the draft. I had already paid for my season tickets and I was ready for a 5 game win season in a rebuilding for the future year. Well..... I am proud to say that "I do not work for the Saints front office and therefore I will gladly follow their plan that is exceeding my expectations."

My doubts rested in whether he would be able to start at the beginning of the season or not....he definitely had the leadership skills that this team desperately needed and he was a very accurate passer....so doubting his QB'ing ability was of no concern...coming off of any type of injury will put doubt in most folks mind...

No doubts at all. he's done everthing he said he would. thank god sandiego let him go ( for nothing ) He will lead the Saints for a long time and to a SUPER BOWL.

He was great in San Diego but I think he is so much better here, he has a lot more talent around him here, yeah I said it. call me crazy but he has been GREAT here, better then in SanDiego.

oh Yeah Thanks Chargers AJ Smith

I spent the whole last quarter of LAST season hoping we'd just keep losing so we could get bush and hoping that SD would go with rivers and we'd get Brees. Glad I wasn't dissapointed.

Believe it or not...I never doubted Drew Brees and expected exactly what we're getting.

Believe it or not...I never doubted Drew Brees and expected exactly what we're getting.

WOW!!......any tips on the Powerball?? LOL!....I was totally dubious about Brees!...did Brees was EVER considered a passer like this?....Did it ever occurred to me that he will challenge the record held by Dan Marino "The Great"?

Sorry..... I missed "the Brees boat" by a MILE!

To clarify, I knew what type of player we were getting and was very confident of his ablities and although never posted it on here I predicted a 9-7 or 10-6 season (doubt if you will) simply because of the new QB. The only concern I had was his shoulder but after I had read his interviews and seeing his interviews on TV, I had no doubt he would come back 200% because of his attitude. Of course the first few weeks I was nervous he would reinjure it but I figured he would be on par with his comeback player of the year season (2004?)...and no I am not Drew Brees....have you seen my legs in my costume at the games ;-)

One thing I had no idea we would get: a really good O-line (Jahri representin' the Bloom and northeast PA baby!!) and Marques Colston!

I had my doubts that he would dominate this way. I pictured him more as a game manager who would keep us in ball games and run the o effectively. I did not see him carrying the offense like he has. It really is amazing to finally have an elite QB. Hats off to Loomis and Payton.

One thing I had no idea we would get: a really good O-line (Jahri representin' the Bloom and northeast PA baby!!) and Marques Colston!

Like I said, I knew exactly what we were getting in Brees and I knew he was capable of putting up these kinds of numbers with the talent he has around him. Like you said, I had no idea our offensive line would be this good and even though I watched Colston in camp and knew he would be good I had NO IDEA he would be this good. I expected a 6 win season and holding my breath every time Brees dropped back until we could get an offensive line.

I just remember being so disappointed because I wanted Matt Leinart in the draft. It's a good thing i'm not an NFL GM.

I was so pumped. The only thing I was thinking was anything is better than AB at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom