Did anyone hear Mike D on WWl radio? (1 Viewer)

If that aint Deuce reincarnated, I don't know what is. Man, his style reminds me of Deuce big time. Deceptive speed. He runs with such fluidity that it looks like he is slow but he is really moving fast. I saw the same cuts and same running style as Deuce. The more I see and hear about the guy the more I think he could replace the Deuce. I did not see him get caught from behind alot but even that reminds me of Deuce. Let Deuce coach him while he is still here and the young man can learn from one of the best in the leauge. He could be a perfect compliment to Reggie. It is all probably wishful thinking on my part and he will probably be gone when we go to pick in the second.

I see where you are going.....but no that isn't Deuce reincarnated........Forte is a little more like Reggie in that if someone gets thier hands on him he is tackled. Compare Forte to Deuce whenn he starts breaking tackles on a regular basis. I like his gliding style too, but I see just as much speed and more power in Pierre Thomas.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bbaIF22NGQ

just from these highlightsn he, reminds me of reggie a tiny bit. Really good when he can outrun people. I'm sure there is more to him than that.

Don't just watch highlights, he is nothing i mean nothing like reggie. He is a big back with unbelievable leg strength. He has been compared to Deuce since high school and those comparisons are true,looks very similar to Deuce in college. I hope he can transition like Deuce did.

Would we have a shot at picking Forte? I do not believe we would use our first round pick but if he was there when we pick in the second, do yall think they would pull the trigger on that. I would love to see the guy on our team. He is going to make it in the NFL and with Deuce's injuries I think that we could not go wrong picking him.

In the 2nd....only if we cut Deuce and don't draft Mendenhall or Stewart.

Don't just watch highlights, he is nothing i mean nothing like reggie. He is a big back with unbelievable leg strength. He has been compared to Deuce since high school and those comparisons are true,looks very similar to Deuce in college. I hope he can transition like Deuce did.

I did have a quote in there where I said "I'm sure there is more to him than that." What ya miss that one????? I do know that he isn't Deuce reincarnated just from seeing the tackles he didn't break. Deuce reincarnated is a lot to put on any running back in or coming out of college. Deuce wasn't even Deuce reincarnated when he was in college.

I did have a quote in there where I said "I'm sure there is more to him than that." What ya miss that one????? I do know that he isn't Deuce reincarnated just from seeing the tackles he didn't break. Deuce reincarnated is a lot to put on any running back in or coming out of college. Deuce wasn't even Deuce reincarnated when he was in college.

I got ya, I was just stating that he was nothing like Reggie. I did say I hope he can make the transition, which is a 1 in 100 shot , and that is generous

Go back and watch the Senior Bowl and tell me Forte goes down easy. He ran directly over Dan Connor once and broke many tackles.

I thought I heard Mike D saying that Forte kept P Thomas on the bench while playing. In other words Forte may be better than P Thomas. And we have already seen the potential in PT. So I wish Forte all the best this upcoming draft

I thought I heard Mike D saying that Forte kept P Thomas on the bench while playing. In other words Forte may be better than P Thomas. And we have already seen the potential in PT. So I wish Forte all the best this upcoming draft

No, Forte and PT never played together. PT kept Mendenhall on the bench at University of Illinois.

i think you guys are spot on!! he is Deuce jr.

everyone forgets that deuce was about 221-225 coming out of college...and ran a 4.38 forty....

this guys is as close as I have seen to Deuce... Forte' ran a 4.41 approx too!!! 4.4x at his size is alot of force !!!!

Hope this guy falls into Saints lap in round 3 or later.... anything sooner might be premature due to us needing best "defensive" player in round two...

Saints need defense...
P. Thomas is a gamer guys...

I look for Pierre to be playing at about 215 this year and finally rounding out at about 220lbs in a few years...add to that P. Thomas's low center of gravity at 5'11"

Saints are pretty stacked at running back if ALL return healthy....

Health in my opinion in the NFL is all luck....there are just too many big bodies flying around in the NFL to solely put health totally on the players responsibilities of protecting themselves and training...those things help for sure though....

Health in my opinion in the NFL is all luck....there are just too many big bodies flying around in the NFL to solely put health totally on the players responsibilities of protecting themselves and training...those things help for sure though....

If that's how you see it...

Hopefully Morgan will get some good luck down here for us.

He must have mispoke because he said that Mendenhall kept PT on the bench. Its on minute 6:48 of the audio I uploaded.

That's what I remember hearing and waited for Kenny or Hokie to correct him. If I'm not mistaken, PT kept Mendenhall on the bench.

And I sound like a broken record, but thanks, again, for the mp3 files, St. Chad.

If that aint Deuce reincarnated, I don't know what is. Man, his style reminds me of Deuce big time. Deceptive speed. He runs with such fluidity that it looks like he is slow but he is really moving fast. I saw the same cuts and same running style as Deuce. The more I see and hear about the guy the more I think he could replace the Deuce. I did not see him get caught from behind alot but even that reminds me of Deuce. Let Deuce coach him while he is still here and the young man can learn from one of the best in the leauge. He could be a perfect compliment to Reggie. It is all probably wishful thinking on my part and he will probably be gone when we go to pick in the second.

you're talkin bout pre injury Duece i hope. if not, Duece justs runs into the back of the O-line and falls down

you're talkin bout pre injury Duece i hope. if not, Duece justs runs into the back of the O-line and falls down

No, he doesn't.

His last healthy year he rushed for 1000+ and 4.3 ypc in shared time. If you're going off of last year, I don't think you can derive anything reasonably from 2.5 games when we abandoned the run anyways since we were down. And if he does "run into the back of the O-line and fall down", which he doesn't, it's because he's a cutback runner and the line isn't opening those holes for him to cutback through.

That's what I remember hearing and waited for Kenny or Hokie to correct him. If I'm not mistaken, PT kept Mendenhall on the bench.

And I sound like a broken record, but thanks, again, for the mp3 files, St. Chad.

Not trying to be argumentative........but I am sure there was an article on the front page about three months ago about how PT didn't get the starting job his senior year. Not so much to Mendenhall's credit. just that no one really stood out to Zook, and PT was actually considered kinda soft by the Ill coaching staff. I think it was an article about how the coaches just flat missed on that one.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom