Did anyone notice and an interesting question? (1 Viewer)

Analyze This

increase after a decline
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Pierre Thomas has rushed for 793 yards this year while only playing in 13 games.

By the numbers:
-Played in 13/12.5 (only played a half against Buf.) games this year
-Never had more than 19 carries (NYJ games=19)
-Is averaging 5.4 YPC
-Has 302 receiving yards

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4503

PT has had a great year! I would have never thought that we could have a back this close to 1,000 rushing while sharing the backfield with two other guys. The only knock on PT is his durability, which all backs have issues with, so no big deal to me. I'll be the first to say that this is a major accomplishment and I hope that he is close to 100% healthy for the playoffs because we need him big time.

Now the interesting question; PT is a RFA after this year, what compensation do you think we will put on him. I personally say no lower than a 2nd round. He is too important to what we do to let him walk for less. He has never averaged less than 4.8 YPC in his short 3 year career, is a great receiver out the backfield, fits our offense perfectly, is only 25 and by far the best RB we have (even the Bell "only" supports, the ones who jumped overboard in reference to the preseason and 2 games, should admit this now). I think we should try to sign him to a cheap long - term deal now (2-4 years) before he explodes and we cannot afford to pay him. I know RB's come a dime a dozen in the league but I would like to keep PT around.

Thoughts?

I agree, he is very valuable to this team. I also think reggie has gotten better at running the ball , I hope we keep both of them

PT is one of our best players. He gets lost in the jumble of stars but is up there with best in league in my opinion. The fact that he shares the load with two other standouts will hopefully save him from the same fate as Deuce and Sean Alexander. (Among others.)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom