Question Did anyone notice the Face Guarding/PI that happened during the "Phantom QB Roughing" call? (2 Viewers)

But if you’re the Rams in a playoff game against the Saints you can face guard then tackle with head to head contact a Saints WR 3 seconds before ball arrives without ever looking back.without ever looking back
Word!

Saint Stephen will remain, all he's lost he shall regain,
Seashore washed by the suds and foam,
Been here so long, he’s got to calling it home.

Yes I noticed. I wondered why nobody else noticed. Forget the roughing the passer. I have to admit the RP call was possibly cheesy. But, the RP call was neutralized by the blatant pass interference, everyone missed.

The refs missed 3 calls on the play

First it was trapped. Incomplete

Next obvious PI

No roughing

Otherwise they handled it well

On to Carolina
When watching it again, it wasn't trapped, he controls the ball before it hits the ground and doesn't come loose. That's a catch according to the rule change from last year. But that ball was thrown into triple coverage, the refs aren't going to throw a PI flag in triple coverage. So thankfully we got a bogus RTP call to salvage that play for us.

The interception wouldn't be overturned. Walt Anderson, the head replay official, is going to defer to the call on the field unless there’s clear and obvious evidence that the call was wrong.

There's no doubt that was pass interference. The roughing call was junk. That throw was also Winston's worse pass of the day. Underthrown into triple coverage in the red zone.
Yeah we got lucky with that one. But it was pass interference

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom