Did anyone notice.... (2 Viewers)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Did anyone notice this....

Most users ever online was 1,365, 11-06-2006 at 09:28 AM.

Didn't even have to turn off an avatar. :ezbill:

I would hazard a guess by the lack of replies to your post that not many noticed, which, I believe, would be a good thing.

I was on yesterday morning and did not notice any slowdowns at all.

Again, great job with the new site layout and server, A.

I was using my PDA cell phone today to surf SR.com at work and it went very, very fast. The new board is just great. Thanks Andrus.

No Andrus... I didn;t notice that... I was just happy to post on a Saints site on Sunday. ;)

And I am sure I don;t say this enough...

Thank You.

Joe

Did anyone notice this....

Didn't even have to turn off an avatar. :ezbill:

Hmmm.... not much work getting done at that hour of the morning! Thanks for all you've done for this site.

First of all... the 1365 simultaneous users is an all-time high. Secondly, we would have crushed the old server once it got over 700 or so. This server didn't even blink. :)

Now I can leave to go to games and not worry about turning a bunch of features off so that the board doesn't crash under the pressure. I can run maintenance without having to wait until 4am when traffic is low. Heck, I reindexed the entire SR archived site yesterday ( a busy day here traffic wise) which is server intensive and the effect on performance was nominal.

Less headaches is a good thing, and this new server package is definitely worth it.

First of all... the 1365 simultaneous users is an all-time high. Secondly, we would have crushed the old server once it got over 700 or so. This server didn't even blink. :)

Now I can leave to go to games and not worry about turning a bunch of features off so that the board doesn't crash under the pressure. I can run maintenance without having to wait until 4am when traffic is low. Heck, I reindexed the entire SR archived site yesterday ( a busy day here traffic wise) which is server intensive and the effect on performance was nominal.

Less headaches is a good thing, and this new server package is definitely worth it.

Andrus, you, the mods and administrators do an awesome job here, so the fact that the new server makes your job easier is a GOOD THING. I noticed Sunday night that avatars were still on, so I figured the server had passed its first big test with flying colors! Great job getting this package up and running! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Where on the new layout does it state "most users ever online?" I remember seein it on the old board, but can't seem to find it here.

Things are running very smoothly....just like this season. Way to go Andrus.

That is truly amazing. The new server is like the play of Zach Streif--if you don't notice anything, that's great. Where are the naysayers now? Sometimes, it just takes a little patience. :claps:

I was online at that time, but didn't notice how many others were online. I do make a point, however, to notice the speed of the forum every time I Great job!

While we're on the subject of simultaneous users, I have a question. On second thought, I guess I don't have a question. I was going to ask if there was any way to change the layout of "current users online", but apparently you have already moved it to the bottom. Having it at the top and only on half of the screen required a lot of scrolling to get down to the actual "meat" of the forum. Thanks for the change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom