did anyone see the fight or whatever around section 607? (merged) (1 Viewer)

I wonder if the peanuts were from them trying to get others to sit down? This is getting to be a real problem. Heck, if everyone in front of me stands, I stand, only to have someone behind say, "sit down."

I don't exactly know the "etiquette" of being a sports fan in reality but it's pretty obvious to ME at least when and when NOT to stand:

When the Defense needs us to "Raise the Roof!"

Huge plays underway, ball in the air and big, fast guys racing for it!(not each and every K/O or Punt but that too would depend on the importance of the kicks I guess)

The end of the Half or Game when it's all on the line and the situation is critical!

Beyond that, you should keep your seat I would guess and just yell your head off.

Don't stand for each and every play whether we're on Offense or Defense! While each play is critical, too frequent standing for no apparent reason is obnoxious!

Stretching( at intervals where it's a TV time-out or some other break in the game and going for Brew or the elimination of same is also acceptable in the: "Dr. D's Game Etiquette Book of World Knowledge!" Coming to a Barnes and Noble or Amazon.com near you for your Holiday Gift consideration! I Thank You!

Row 2 seat 16. I sit right as you come out of the tunnel. In the aisle. Our big section "leader" I think you would know who I am speaking about always stands right next to me anytime a big play is about to happen. He is a cool guy to have in the section.
this is what I got on another forum

>>the guy was sitting 4 rows behind me it was section 608, he was throwing peanuts at everyone in the crowd. so one guy stood up and started yelling at him. a girl, another guy and the old man started yelling back and acting like they wanted to fight. when the cop came he started fighting with the cop they threw all three out of the game, but the old man wasn't going without a fight, he started grabing on to the hand rails so the cop started to twist him and then he fell down about 4-5 steps finally help arrived and they cuffed him. it was pretty funny to watch him fight the cops.

I wonder if that is when his face was busted up, cause I could see the blood from my section.

I sit in section 607, and it all went down in the aisles between 607 and the next one over (608?). My buddy has seats a few rows up on the aisle and he was right next to, and unwillingly in, at one point, the action.

It seems the peanut throwers were just tossing with wild abandon, trying to throw at Bengals fans, but hitting everyone (classy). The whole section around them was yelling at them, and they were talking all kinds of crap back. Finally, the police arrived, and everyone cheered and told the cops to remove them. Then it got interesting.

The cops took their time figuring out what was up, and the general public kept arguing with the trash throwers (old guy, yourger guy, and girl). The police finally told them to leave, and as they filed out they kept talking smack to everyone, including the police. The younger guy must have said something to the cop behind him, because the cop shoved him down the stairs. BUT the young guy went into the old guy in front of him, who flew down a few stairs and actually landed in my buddy's MOTHER'S lap. Then my buddy told the cop to get him off her (since he shoved the first guy causing the domino reaction). The cop being told what to do, but did eventually tell the guy to get up. Problem was, the old guy's foot was stuck between the seat and the railing a row above, so he couldn't get up at all. He told the cop this, and instead of getting his foot out, the cop lifter his shirt up and started punching him in the back. That's when the old guy started struggling back, ripped his tie off, and was clutching the railings instead of cooperating.

The main culprit cop just kept pounding on him and that's when he got bloody (and so did the stairs). The whole thing went on for way too long, and they finally had to carry him out of there. Kind of an ugly scene, and one that CERTAINLY could've been handled better.

The people that were thrown out were causing all kinds of trouble, but the Cops made it the ordeal it was.

I wish they would have just tazed him.

that wouldve been alot funnier

I *really, really, really* don't want to even come close to encouraging such posting behaviour... and I know that I'm obviously doing so by replying to this post...

But are you serious? That would've been funny? The guy who got taken out was a drunk fan. He messed up. However, our forum informant who happened to be there said that it was unfortunate and it could've been handled better.

Surely, you mean that it could've been handled better also. Surely, you would want someone you know treated in some way courteously. Surely, you don't mean that.

It would have been a *LOT BETTER* if nothing had happened. It would have been a *LOT BETTER* if it had been handled better by both parties.

However, that's what happened. Surely, you could show some tact.

it wouldve been alot better if nothing happened but something did and instead of someone getting beat up and bloody(not funny) i have absolutly no problem seeing someone geting tazed,and think its funny when its deserving,like when someone thinks he can beat up a bunch of cops.sorry i feel that way but thats how i feel.when it is deserving.i personally dont think its ever funny when cops beat people up ive seen it and know people who have been through it,i hate it but if they were to get tazed i would laugh at them for months,if they did something to deserve it

Q: How many police does it take to interrogate a suspect?

A: None. He fell down the steps.

We sit in 205 and it was just over our shoulder. We saw the commotion but couldn't make out specifics. I was wonderin' what happened!

I wonder if the peanuts were from them trying to get others to sit down? This is getting to be a real problem. Heck, if everyone in front of me stands, I stand, only to have someone behind say, "sit down."

Ok Guys, I sit directly behind the old guy and saw the whole thing go down. He and the younger guy are usually a bit rowdy as it is, they love to chant obsenities about the other team. 'F--- the Bengals!' was their chant of choice this game. Well the old guy was drunk before he even showed up and had a bunch more beer at the game. The younger guy was off getting consessions when the older guy started throwing peanuts randomly at the crowd before him. There were no Bengals fans and noone standing up in his way. He was just drunk and bitter cause Brees had just thrown his 2nd INT in the red zone. Now people who were getting hit started turning around trying to find where the peanuts were coming from. I asked him to stop because I didn't want anyone coming up and started a fight around my kids. He didn't listen of course. Once a few people below figured out it was him they were rightly ****** and told him to stop. Now the young girl started to chime in (she is the wife of the young guy who is now off getting consessions). She started to yell back at the guys that were asking the man to stop. The old man started saying he was going to fight with them and was taunting them to come up and get him. The guys down below told them to grow up. This seemed to really piss off the young girl. She said, 'Can you believe they told me to grow up?' So I told her, 'Maybe you two should take their advice, you guys started it.' Now her husband shows back up and the old guy is standing and screaming at the guys below. It's completely obvious that something was going to go down now. The old guy started to make his way out to the asile and the young girl started to go to. The young guy, who just got back to his seat wasn't sure what was going on but I'm sure he wanted to protect his wife so he made his way out to the asile also. Right as they reach the asile, the one cop arives from down below and the rest of the story went down like this:

The cops took their time figuring out what was up, and the general public kept arguing with the trash throwers (old guy, yourger guy, and girl). The police finally told them to leave, and as they filed out they kept talking smack to everyone, including the police. The younger guy must have said something to the cop behind him, because the cop shoved him down the stairs. BUT the young guy went into the old guy in front of him, who flew down a few stairs and actually landed in my buddy's MOTHER'S lap. Then my buddy told the cop to get him off her (since he shoved the first guy causing the domino reaction). The cop being told what to do, but did eventually tell the guy to get up. Problem was, the old guy's foot was stuck between the seat and the railing a row above, so he couldn't get up at all. He told the cop this, and instead of getting his foot out, the cop lifter his shirt up and started punching him in the back. That's when the old guy started struggling back, ripped his tie off, and was clutching the railings instead of cooperating.

hahahahhahhahha

This thread is classic!

sorry but i don't feel sorry for the guys who started all this *****. It's called karma

I hate to go anywhere where there is the General Public and alcohol being served! It comes from working in the Bar Business in N.O. while a youth I guess! I used to spin records and watch as the Bouncers would be bashing folks all night long!

It was kind of exciting each night, especially W/E's, seeing this stuff going down. Kinda like having great seats for the fight or something HOWEVER, at the Dome, with famiilies all around, this activity is completely unacceptable and shouldn't ever be tolerated. While I don't support this "Beating" the old man took from the Fuzz ( just HOW old was the dude? You guys might be talking about someone MY AGE!!!! DagNabIt!) I do support quick and effective action against those who would aggitate the general public's calm.

Was this thing racial at all? I'd like to think the whole thing was inter-racial or non-race specific or whatever you might call it! Any Cajuns involved?

The most interesting thing about the whole incident to me was the fact that the someone mentioned the older dude was wearing a TIE!

You just can't make this stuff up!

Two lessons learned here:

1) Alcohol and stupidity do not mix.

2) Arrogance and a badge do not mix.

I believe in the Tazer.. instead of a bloody beating i'd rather see them neutralized so they don't harm anyone else and say cuss words that Children might here leaving the building violently.
If they were cooperating i would say they could say what they want and leave, but they got up wanting to fight and everybody else in that area was fed up with the idiots.

The Tazer was created to take over for the Baton in the first place Use it!

and hell ya i would have laughed my butt off while he was gettin tazed, he's not going to die so i feel no sorrow in my heart for any trouble makers that get tazed down to they're knees.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom