Did Brees' arm get roughed up today? (1 Viewer)

I don't think he was hurt, but he was pretty clearly flustered, frustrated, whatever you call it, he didn't have the mental part of his game going.

The interception was a result of Thomas running his route too shallow. Granted, it wasn't the crispest of throws, but it looked much worse due to Thomas' being in the wrong place.

As for the weak looking passes to finish the game, I have no clue. Hopefully it's just a technical issue caused by the pressure to get out of San Diego with a win. This one truly mattered to Drew.

I agree, he ran the route too shallow then turned the wrong way. Just a case of Brees seeing one thing and the receiver doing another.

At least I sure as hell hope.

This was the second game in a row where brees throws were off.
I don't know if he was hurt or what but some throws were definitely a bit off his standards...but the dude is throwing 40-50 times a game at the age of 38, and he's been throwing at that pace for 10 years in this system. On a surgically repaired shoulder.

I'm somewhat amazed he's still looking as good as he does.

Looked liked more man coverage too.

Oh yeah, his arm looked awful after the game... :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Drew Arm.JPG
    Drew Arm.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 137
I don't think he was injured, there was that one awkward sack where he kind of landed on on the ground in a weird position. But the poor throws in the 2nd half was him getting flustered, nervous, think he took this game a little too personally going back to the City that Drafted him and it got in his head when things took a turn for the worse. But we were able to shake it off, and win it when we got the opportunities at the end.

Gosh darn it!! I was about to sign off the forum but decided to take one more look around.

Then I saw this downer of a thread. Dang it!!

Don't none of you forum insiders have a definitive answer as to whether Brees was hurt tonight? I gotta get some sleep!! ��

I don't know if he was hurt or what but some throws were definitely a bit off his standards...but the dude is throwing 40-50 times a game at the age of 38, and he's been throwing at that pace for 10 years in this system. On a surgically repaired shoulder.

I'm somewhat amazed he's still looking as good as he does.

It is literally bolted onto his body, and defies all logic that it works as well as it does. Some day, it will fail. But people have been trying to bury it prematurely for so long, I'll still be shocked when it does finally give out.

As others have mentioned he was letting the emotion get to him. It was mentioned on TV that he hadn't sat down the entire 2nd half, which is rare for him. He and a lot of other players were pacing the sidelines.

When you think about it though it has to be a lot for Drew. I mean he knows this is the last time he'll ever play there. The place where it all started and almost ended. It has to feel like a major point in his career and life. He's in the twilight of his career and this had to be a reminder that it doesn't last forever.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom