Did Brees' arm get roughed up today? (1 Viewer)

Some of the snaps looked low to me. Dunno if that was forcing hurried passes?

They will never admit it, but it happened late in the 3rd quarter. Drew had his arm undercut on a throw on 3rd down and 9 with 4:00 remaining in the third. His next attempt was that horrible throw to Thomas which resulted in an INT. Drew's next two attempts were in the flat to Ingram and followed by another WTH moment. After that drive, it was as if they avoided throwing the ball, I mean we were down two scores and we ran the ball 3 straight times. When has that ever happened?

what do you mean undercut?

the int was just bad - the 10 yd skip pass was him throwing across his body
his hips were pointed to the sidelines, the throw (upfield) was some last minute decision

He looked clearly hurt in that 4th quater. His passes were just not right. Brees does not miss that pass on that last INT.

He does not flutter 10 yard passes like he was on that last drive.

But, we have the bye, so as long as it's not serious, it's good timing at least.

So true forgot about the bye this was something good to go into after a week off.

what do you mean undercut?

the int was just bad - the 10 yd skip pass was him throwing across his body
his hips were pointed to the sidelines, the throw (upfield) was some last minute decision

It was similar to when he got injured in the Tampa game. He was way off after that play and that skip throw is a throw any NFL QB should be able to make in his sleep.

We should've been running heavy all day. The run was working and would've helped prevent an injury to Drew. But no, we only used it when he couldn't throw anymore. Ridiculous. There were way too many empty backfield plays today.
The abandoned the run right on cue when we were down three and the defense got a stop.

Right on cue.

How could you possibly know he ran the wrong route? Just curious.

It looked pretty obvious it was just a poorly thrown ball that got away from Drew.
Because Drew went over to him on the sideline and was coaching him up immediately after the play.

Plus, Rhonde Barber kept trying to pin it solely on Brees, and he's almost always wrong.

:hihi:

Actually Thomas was correct to run the out in the soft spot in the zone. Drew was being greedy.
Possibly true, but if you're the receiver, you always go where you're quarterback wants you. He's the "boss" in that scenario

They will never admit it, but it happened late in the 3rd quarter. Drew had his arm undercut on a throw on 3rd down and 9 with 4:00 remaining in the third. His next attempt was that horrible throw to Thomas which resulted in an INT. Drew's next two attempts were in the flat to Ingram and followed by another WTH moment. After that drive, it was as if they avoided throwing the ball, I mean we were down two scores and we ran the ball 3 straight times. When has that ever happened?

fantastic post and you are spot on

running 3 times in a row with the game on the line....no way

As far as that second interception goes, it's either A.) the hall of fame QB threw a bad pass or B.) the rookie Wide receiver ran a bad route. Hmmmmm it MUST be the HoF QB's fault

As far as hat second interception goes, it's either A.) the hall of fame QB threw a bad pass or B.) the rookie Wide receiver ran a bad route. Hmmmmm it MUST be the HoF QB's fault

correct

it has been soundly established that Drew Brees was not himself in the 4th quarter due to injury

Because Drew went over to him on the sideline and was coaching him up immediately after the play.

Plus, Rhonde Barber kept trying to pin it solely on Brees, and he's almost always wrong.

:hihi:

I do agree with your second statement

Darn! I didn't actually get to watch most of the game and this is the first I've heard of this.

On another note, I saw the final few minutes when other games ended and the station switched over. I never noticed before, but I think Drew may need rogaine soon...LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do agree with your second statement

Well, the first one is factually accurate. He was right there working on something with Thomas.

correct

it has been soundly established that Drew Brees was not himself in the 4th quarter due to injury

Amateur speculation doesn't establish anything.

I don't know about Drew getting banged up, but I do know that the bye this year could not come at a better time and it will give everyone time to heal and just maybe we will see Ellerbe for a few consecutive games at least.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom