Did Brees' arm get roughed up today? (1 Viewer)

Winter

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Hopefully I'm looking too close at things, but his throws at the end were way off and hitting the dirt. (except for that bautiful touchdown). I noticed after the 3rd and 22 drop from San Diego, they showed Brees celebrate on the sideline and when he pumped his fists, he winced and rotated his shoulder.

Hopefully just sore from the game, or hopefully just nothing. But made me do a double take.

I hope this is a pointless thread and apologize in advance ;)

The way they ran heavy late, i was thinking the same thing. Hope not though!

I didn't really notice.

He had that one bad pass that was short but he was rolling to the right.

He looked clearly hurt in that 4th quater. His passes were just not right. Brees does not miss that pass on that last INT.

He does not flutter 10 yard passes like he was on that last drive.

But, we have the bye, so as long as it's not serious, it's good timing at least.

He looked clearly hurt in that 4th quater. His passes were just not right. Brees does not miss that pass on that last INT.

But, we have the bye, so as long as it's not serious, it's good timing at least.

I agree. I have not seen Brees miss an open receiver that badly since the Tampa game last year in which he got that shoulder injured. So my guess is something similar to that.

The interception was a result of Thomas running his route too shallow. Granted, it wasn't the crispest of throws, but it looked much worse due to Thomas' being in the wrong place.

As for the weak looking passes to finish the game, I have no clue. Hopefully it's just a technical issue caused by the pressure to get out of San Diego with a win. This one truly mattered to Drew.

The way they ran heavy late, i was thinking the same thing. Hope not though!

We should've been running heavy all day. The run was working and would've helped prevent an injury to Drew. But no, we only used it when he couldn't throw anymore. Ridiculous. There were way too many empty backfield plays today.

We should've been running heavy all day. The run was working and would've helped prevent an injury to Drew. But no, we only used it when he couldn't throw anymore. Ridiculous. There were way too many empty backfield plays today.

I saw a few early runs that had success but then they adjusted and it wasn't working well.

I noticed the same thing!! With the way he was throwing the ball late, it's a good possibility he hurt something.

The interception was a result of Thomas running his route too shallow. Granted, it wasn't the crispest of throws, but it looked much worse due to Thomas' being in the wrong place.

Actually Thomas was correct to run the out in the soft spot in the zone. Drew was being greedy.

As for the weak looking passes to finish the game, I have no clue. Hopefully it's just a technical issue caused by the pressure to get out of San Diego with a win. This one truly mattered to Drew.

How could you possibly know he ran the wrong route? Just curious.

It looked pretty obvious it was just a poorly thrown ball that got away from Drew.

I thought he might have hurt it, especially when we ran so much late in the game.

He missed some throws pretty bad. The bye couldn't come at a better time.

He did a victory lap around the stadium and high fived all the saints fans. Good sign, I think.

Hopefully I'm looking too close at things, but his throws at the end were way off and hitting the dirt. (except for that bautiful touchdown). I noticed after the 3rd and 22 drop from San Diego, they showed Brees celebrate on the sideline and when he pumped his fists, he winced and rotated his shoulder.

Hopefully just sore from the game, or hopefully just nothing. But made me do a double take.

I hope this is a pointless thread and apologize in advance ;)

They will never admit it, but it happened late in the 3rd quarter. Drew had his arm undercut on a throw on 3rd down and 9 with 4:00 remaining in the third. His next attempt was that horrible throw to Thomas which resulted in an INT. Drew's next two attempts were in the flat to Ingram and followed by another WTH moment. After that drive, it was as if they avoided throwing the ball, I mean we were down two scores and we ran the ball 3 straight times. When has that ever happened?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom