Did Brees tell Winston it was his team now? (1 Viewer)

Meanwhile Tampa goes to the NFC Championship Brady’s VERY 1st year...

SMH.... 🤦🏽‍♂️

Jameis has a long way to go...
If the Saints didn’t wet the bed Brady’s season would have boiled down to one playoff victory over Washington. We gift wrapped him a better ending to his story. And last year for Jameis there wasn’t an Antonio Brown, Gronk, or Fournette.

Meanwhile Tampa goes to the NFC Championship Brady’s VERY 1st year...

SMH.... 🤦🏽‍♂️

Jameis has a long way to go...

Imagine comparing a 6 time SB winner to a player who's been in the NFL for five years and the most inconsistent coaching crews in modern NFL history. 🙄

I mean, look what Baker did with a competent NFL head coach.

What do you think?

People who are not for Winston are going to create a narrative that he's not the guy but Payton has said he was (like he said he would play Hill) that the starter is in the building and that he sees Winston has a capable heir.

Drew Brees in this video pretty much confirms in this video by confirming it's on him now to lead this team

Taysom is the only QB left that was "in the building" when Payton first made that remark. It was also before Bridgewater joined the team.

Maybe Payton has changed his mind or maybe he is reaffirming his earlier statement. I can't wait to find out which faction is right.

The last three years have been soul-crushing. I don't hang the failure to advance on Drew in any way. And I'm sad to see the end of his era.

Don't flame me but I'm also excited to see where the next chapter leads. I kinda want to see how Payton and the receiving talent will respond to an arm that can throw the ball 60 yards. And yes Jameis and Tayson both have strong arms.

He said, "I love steamed cow"

steamed-hams.jpg

If the Saints didn’t wet the bed Brady’s season would have boiled down to one playoff victory over Washington. We gift wrapped him a better ending to his story. And last year for Jameis there wasn’t an Antonio Brown, Gronk, or Fournette.

Those 3 didn't do anything close to special.

And as a general comment, it's funny what picking up a player does for fans' opinions of said player. Winston went from "bust", "punk", "would never want on my team", etc. to franchise savior.

People seem to forget that Brees was Jameis before coming to the Saints. Brees was even benched for Doug Flutie.
Brees threw for like 27-8 TD-INT and a 104 something QB rating before coming here...not really sure I'm tracking what you're saying.

Also, you're only telling half the story, Doug flutie was first benched for Drew Brees, they had a QB rotation at the time, whoever was hot started. Not the same here.

Last edited:
Brees and Taysom are really close.

You think he told Winston it’s your team now?

No. Because both should get a fair shot.

Yeah, I can't really see Brees saying that unless he was caught up in the moment. I can't see him favoring one QB over another one with a statement like that.

He told him he made a hell of a play today. Period. You're team? Not yet.

Brees threw for like 27-8 TD-INT and a 104 something QB rating before coming here...not really sure I'm tracking what you're saying.

Once. Brees also has 17 TD/16 INT and 11 TD/15 INT seasons on his resume.

The poster was right, Brees and Jameis' career arcs, up to the point Jameis is at, are very similar. We had no idea we were getting a Hall of Fame, all-time great QB when we got Brees. We thought he could be good, but not "One of if not the best to ever do it"-good.

Once. Brees also has 17 TD/16 INT and 11 TD/15 INT seasons on his resume.

The poster was right, Brees and Jameis' career arcs, up to the point Jameis is at, are very similar. We had no idea we were getting a Hall of Fame, all-time great QB when we got Brees. We thought he could be good, but not "One of if not the best to ever do it"-good.
Negative, I was well aware of those years. Brees was arching up as a franchise QB and if weren't for the injury, Rivers would have been traded.

Winston has arched downward and has not had a 104 QB rating or his team consider him the Franchise QB which is why they cut him...hell if the bucs thought he had potential why not keep him to learn behind Brady?

Let's see, meticulous attention to detail, versus eating W's, sexual assault allegations, yeah, still not buying the comparison.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom