Did Brees tell Winston it was his team now? (1 Viewer)

You're right, he is not a regular starting QB in this league. He is better than the regular starting QB.

It boggles my mind that anyone thinks 4 games encapsulated a QB's potential. This crazy argument that Taysom is not a rookie QB or that he has been in the system for 3 years is ridiculous. His role was not Drew's back up those 3 years. Even this year Jameis was getting the snaps in practice to back up Brees not Taysom.

Taysom had one week in practice to get ready for his first game. And, what stood out for me in that game is that Payton emphasized the pass over the run and Taysom showed he could pass from the pocket. If he wasn't hitting Kamara on check-downs it's because he was complete 78% of his passes to receivers further down the field.
Hill was a TO waiting to happen in 2020. He has 0 pocket awareness and if the first read is not open he runs or takes a sack. As soon as teams got any film on him he looked awful. He repeatedly missed wide open WR's especially in the game against Philly. I'm glad you're a fan of Taysom Hill. I am too. He's just not a starter in the NFL.

I feel the same way. My gut feeling is they are going to bring Jamies back to start....But who knows really, I was sure wrong the last time I thought Jamies was going to be the starter....

So you think Jameis will just be named the starter before preseason? Payton said there would be a competition but now he's just going to hand Jameis the keys?

Trust me Drew was never out the loop he knows exactly what's going on.. He knew Winston sat there to learn and rightfully so. I'm excited for Winston and playing under CSP he's gonna play with ice in his veins but we still need to draft a project QB because I believe Hill will want out once they announce Winston is starting QB

Drew knows why Winston was signed, people know why Winston was signed, I don't know why people are acting like he wasn't the most talented QB to come available to a Team that knew it was about to lose its 42 yr old HOF QB. I don't think Taysom is going to go anywhere, his role is clear and he does it well I see a continuation of that just with Winston as the starter instead of Brees.

Thank you for providing the reports, but the contents of the reports are not my concern. My concern is that a person compared Brees to Jameis. 2 different people with two COMPLETELY different risk tolerance & avoidance levels.

I do believe Jameis is older and deserves more chances. He does seem like a fun guy on the sidelines, but he just seems sketchy by LEADERSHIP STANDARDS.

That is all.
Since you have CSPs ear, please let him know what he should do. I know, just the facts, but only when they suit your narrative. Okay.

Hill was a TO waiting to happen in 2020. He has 0 pocket awareness and if the first read is not open he runs or takes a sack. As soon as teams got any film on him he looked awful. He repeatedly missed wide open WR's especially in the game against Philly. I'm glad you're a fan of Taysom Hill. I am too. He's just not a starter in the NFL.

Because you don't want him to be QB you stretch to find any flaw you can hang your hat on. Less biased reviewers thought he played well and showed promise.

Your insistence that he can not grow beyond his current development and "WILL NEVER BE A STARTER" exposes your bias. The idea that Payton can wave his magic hand and cure Winston's penchant for turnovers while Taysom is forever cursed is comical.

Maybe it is just me but teaching Taysom the mechanics of protecting the ball when he runs is easier than teaching Winston not to throw balls to the other team.

Either or neither might be redeemable but unlike you, I try to avoid the absolute declarations. I'll have a lot less crow to eat if I'm wrong than you will.

I read lips. He said "don't order the mountain oysters at Parasol's".

I don't think Brees would have remotely said anything like that in front of the team if there wasn't a lot of truth to it, because we've been watching this guy for 15 years and not once has he ever shown up or embarrassed somebody.

If Payton thinks that the QB is already in the building, and it's Winston, that's good enough for me.

Not sure of the luck around that jersey number, though. :hihi: [peace AB]

Drew knows why Winston was signed, people know why Winston was signed, I don't know why people are acting like he wasn't the most talented QB to come available to a Team that knew it was about to lose its 42 yr old HOF QB. I don't think Taysom is going to go anywhere, his role is clear and he does it well I see a continuation of that just with Winston as the starter instead of Brees.

Honestly I think Winston was signed because our situation called for a competent 3rd QB and he only cost 1 mil. Anything else would be lagniappe.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom