Did Brees tell Winston it was his team now? (1 Viewer)

Because you don't want him to be QB you stretch to find any flaw you can hang your hat on. Less biased reviewers thought he played well and showed promise.
I hang my hat on the fact that Hill has 0 pocket awareness, runs when the 1st read is covered, takes sacks because he's holding the ball and fumbles. I'm biased based on his performances.
Your insistence that he can not grow beyond his current development and "WILL NEVER BE A STARTER" exposes your bias. The idea that Payton can wave his magic hand and cure Winston's penchant for turnovers while Taysom is forever cursed is comical.
This is a patently false. You show me where I insist that he can't grow. Show me where I said "TAYSOM HILL WILL NEVER BE A STARTER". If you have a legitimate point to argue, I'll argue it with you but I won't argue a lie. Until you can show me where I said what you claim I said, your point remains just that; a lie.
Maybe it is just me but teaching Taysom the mechanics of protecting the ball when he runs is easier than teaching Winston not to throw balls to the other team.
The idea that TH7 can be taught to not fumble but Winston is forever cursed is comical. Sounds familiar?
Either or neither might be redeemable but unlike you, I try to avoid the absolute declarations. I'll have a lot less crow to eat if I'm wrong than you will.
This is insane. You don't get to make up what I said and then attack it. As I said previously, you show me where I made absolute declarations and I'll admit I am wrong. Otherwise, I'll advise you to not put words in my mouth and work on making cogent arguments without inventing statements by others.

This is a patently false. You show me where I insist that he can't grow. Show me where I said "TAYSOM HILL WILL NEVER BE A STARTER".

I'm sorry are these not your words?

"He's just NOT a starter in the NFL. "

That sure sounds absolute.

" you show me where I made absolute declarations and I'll admit I am wrong. "

So you think Jameis will just be named the starter before preseason? Payton said there would be a competition but now he's just going to hand Jameis the keys?

Never said that, not even close. Just said my gut feeling is he will be the starter and then kind of said but what do I know....Geez, read my post again. I'm saying I have no idea what SP will do....

Never said that, not even close. Just said my gut feeling is he will be the starter and then kind of said but what do I know....Geez, read my post again. I'm saying I have no idea what SP will do....
None of us do. None of us even know if Winston will be re-signed. My gut feeling is that Payton and co can make the right pitch to get him in on an incentive-laden one year deal and possibly extend Taysom for another few years to lessen his cap hit this season and next. In my mind, getting Jameis under contract makes the draft one less thing to worry about.

:biglol:. That's not how this works. That's just not how any of this works but thanks for playing. At least you tried.

:biglol:. That's not how this works. That's just not how any of this works but thanks for playing. At least you tried.

You could have just owned your error.

Brees is a first ballot HOF'er. He knows Taysom doesn't have that potential, but Jameis has the tools if he can fix it between his ears! When it comes to Jameis people only look at the turnovers and ignore the level of talent it takes to throw for 5k yards and 30 Touchdowns. His positives are elite, his negatives have been really bad. He seems to have taken all the right steps to becoming what Tampa hoped for when they drafted him.
Taysom operates way better in the Cordell slash role but for several reasons he had to be more of a standard QB this year. Jameis taking over for drew and taysom slashing is certainly an option.

Taysom is the only QB left that was "in the building" when Payton first made that remark. It was also before Bridgewater joined the team.

Maybe Payton has changed his mind or maybe he is reaffirming his earlier statement. I can't wait to find out which faction is right.

The last three years have been soul-crushing. I don't hang the failure to advance on Drew in any way. And I'm sad to see the end of his era.

Don't flame me but I'm also excited to see where the next chapter leads. I kinda want to see how Payton and the receiving talent will respond to an arm that can throw the ball 60 yards. And yes Jameis and Tayson both have strong arms.
We should all be excited for the new era of Saints football. Sure would have loved to have secured at least one more Lombardi trophy with Drew, but that wasn't fated to be but hope springs eternal

We should all be excited for the new era of Saints football. Sure would have loved to have secured at least one more Lombardi trophy with Drew, but that wasn't fated to be but hope springs eternal

Lombardi's are hard to come by. If they are the only measure a fan uses to gauge success that fan is in for a world of disappointment.

Or you could just admit you tried to put words in my mouth and I challenged you to quote me as to what you claimed I said and you failed.

You stated without any qualifiers that Taysom "is not an NFL starter"

You put the words in your mouth. There is nothing ambiguous about the word "Not".

Now, if you had said "probably not" then I would not have suggested you were making an absolute declaration. But, you did and I correctly pointed it out.

Let's just agree to disagree. Going forward we can both try to make sure our language is as unambiguous as possible. If I misinterpret something you said, just say so and explain what you meant for me to understand. It's a better approach than calling me a liar. OK?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom