Did Chris Simms suffer a brain injury? (WR rankings) (1 Viewer)

Wow. I really didn't think his career was that putrid. Obviously, he missed a lot of games, so tying his numbers to an "8-year career" is a bit unfair. But the game averages are really, really sad. 135.5 yards passing per game. 12 TDs and 18 INTs in 23 total games. Career QBR of 69.1 with his best season being 81.4. And total career yards 3,117 - that's about 2/3 of a season for Brees. He barely has more stats than his partner, Florio. :LOL:

I thought about the same thing re took Simms an 8 year career to get 2/3rds of Brees one season production in yards. Lol.

Be an actual #1 receiver? Not a #2 or #3 that's putting up numbers because the #1 is shut down. Thomas is our number one and never has been shut down by a corner yet.

See the difference?

Make sense that he doesn't qualify because he's.. not... a #1..... WR... even though he's been our #1 WR the last two seasons (and this season).

The weird part is I posted a thread in preseason where he had the saints as his pick to win the Super Bowl this year

Be an actual #1 receiver? Not a #2 or #3 that's putting up numbers because the #1 is shut down. Thomas is our number one and never has been shut down by a corner yet.

See the difference?

He leads the league in receptions and yards. First WR in history to start the season with 6 straight 100 yard games. He's clearly their number 1.

He leads the league in receptions and yards. First WR in history to start the season with 6 straight 100 yard games. He's clearly their number 1.
I disagree. Diggs is who teams gameplan for. Thielen reaps the benefits of that. Of course teams obviously need to start treating Thielen more like a #1.

It’s interesting that most of the comments say the list is garbage without Thomas, and I suspect a lot of those are not Saints fans, so that should tell him something.

Last edited:
Any WR ranking that doesn't have Theiland in the top 3 for 2018 is automatically wrong.

For me, Just based off this year:

Hopkins
Theiland
MT
Julio
Hill

They all do it in their own unique way, too

I gained respect for Adam in the playoff game last year when Lattimore was struggling to stay in front of him. I was like hold up, this dude can ball.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom