Did Covid cost us the playoffs too? (1 Viewer)

The NFLs inability to reschedule our Monday night game vs moving other games due to Covid without a doubt changed the standings at the end of the season. In the era of legal gambling and the NFLs vested interest in it, I am suspicious of all uneven treatment by the league office and referees during games. It is a fact that game and therefor season outcomes were manipulated this year.
You should make this post a thread. I've been thinking the same thing for a while. It shows how corrupt the NFL has become in it's quest for ever more profits.

It's literally the ONLY thing they care about and it has ruined the NFL.

The MIA game had no bearing on our playoff seeding. It's because we lost to the crappy Giants @ home.
It counts in the standings. If we would’ve beat miami we would’ve been 10-7 and in the playoffs with a better record than philly. Even 6 seed cause we held the tiebreaker over sf. So I don’t see how you can say it had no bearing. ANY 1 win would’ve bumped us up TWO spots in the seeding.

The one that I keep coming back to in my head was the blindside block call against a player in the pocket that completely changed the outcome against the Titans. A call that has only been made one time in NFL history on a key third down.
Except it was against the Cowpies.

I don’t believe so. If the Saints beat the pitiful Giants at the beginning of the season, then they’re in the playoffs. You can look back at quite a few things and say that’s the reason the Saints didn’t make the playoffs.

At this point im looking to next season. I think this will be a special team next year.

Whatever deficiencies this team had will be addressed this offseason.

It counts in the standings. If we would’ve beat miami we would’ve been 10-7 and in the playoffs with a better record than philly. Even 6 seed cause we held the tiebreaker over sf. So I don’t see how you can say it had no bearing. ANY 1 win would’ve bumped us up TWO spots in the seeding.
Yep, and the Miami game was the last time the Saints controlled their destiny. In spite of all of the other crap that went on up until that point, is took a loss of 22 players to Covid and a refusal by the NFL to reschedule the game for the team to get knocked out of the last playoff spot. No other team lost their spot due to covid like the Saints did. Were it any other week, particularly late in the season, that's a different outcome.

Yes and no we don't lose to Miami they looked like a dog turd the game after us.
And then the game after that, they scored 33 and beat the Patriots.

You may very well be correct in saying we would not have lost to Miami........ none of us have any way of knowing....... but I'm not sure we can lean on the specific reason you gave.

I think this is one of those topics where everyone is right. We did control our destiny before the Miami game. Had we
won our last three games we were 100% guaranteed to make the playoffs. That's still no excuse for losing to the
Giants. That game was arguably the worst Payton and Dennis Allen coached. I still can't believe Sean didn't challenge
that 4th down run by Barkley where the official spotted the ball a full yard ahead of where he really was. That drive
eventually ended in a Giants TD

covid didn't make our kickers suck this year. Covid also had nothing to do with the Giants loss.
It was a bad game. It happens. Just about every team laid an egg at some point during the season.

That said, Covid was largely responsible for making the Miami game uncompetitive...at which point we got knocked out of the driver's seat.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom