Did dennis Allen call a different second half? (1 Viewer)

We are going to give up lots of points without starters. Unfortunately, if they keep playing the same way the defense is gonna limit our wins this year. It is ashamed being that this is the best year Brees has had in a while and the offense is really playing at such a high level. We just have to keep playing like 40 points wins us games.

Maybe, just maybe when we get Breaux back the backfield will improve incrementally.

The momentum of the game shifted when Lewis killed a drive with a drop pass. It forced us to punt and they had great field position and scored right away. The Panthers were back in the game after that

this, if we would have lost the game this play "could ..would" have been the back breaker imop. We were in control, that catch would have been a huge first down and kept our momentum going.

I thin TLL is going to be a great asset but that was a bad drop.

Like I said in the Gameday thread, he just has to learn to take what's there.

It's a critical 3rd down late in a game. You catch the ball and just go down. There's no reason to be looking up field in that situation.

Lance Moore used to get bashed for doing that, but it's exactly what should be done.

It's a critical 3rd down late in a game. You catch the ball and just go down. There's no reason to be looking up field in that situation.

Lance Moore used to get bashed for doing that, but it's exactly what should be done.

I understand what he was trying to do.a young guy getting greedy and wanting a big play. But you're absolutely right. The 3rd down was what's needed, get it, get control get down if there is nothing to take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our run defense sucked in the 2nd half. Steward almost beaten us by himself

Right now the Saints have one healthy linebacker who is a genuine NFL starter: Craig Robertson. Stupar is a journeyman for a reason, and the Vikings let Mauti walk for a reason. Anthony sadly continues to look like he is regressing, and Lauranaitis has nothing left in the tank. As for Ellerbe... I'm so done with the "well when he's healthy!" nonsense. This dude played in six games last season, and zero games so far this season. Theoretical playmakers are useless. This defense needs playmakers on the field now.

Defensive line... lost Kikaha for the season and Rankins for at least the first third of the season. Now Kruger is hurt as well. Davison has missed time. Fairley is just a monster, period. Jordan seems to be out of his slump and back to being the beast we know him as. The rest of the defensive line are role players who because of injuries are playing more snaps than they should be in roles they shouldn't be having to fill.

And then we have the secondary... Lewis cut due to an injury he still hasn't recovered from. Swann, Williams, and Wilson all on IR. Breaux still recovering from breaking his leg. Now Moore is hurt. The Saints starting corners since week 2 are UDFAs, journeymen, and guys who were selling car and boat insurance... in a division with Julio Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, and Mike Evans.

You know, I have been just way too harsh on Bill Johnson. Putting it all down on paper, he's gotten a pretty raw deal this season with all the help they bring him for his defensive line getting hurt.

However everyone responsible for the current debacle at linebacker needs to be shown the door. Ellerbe is the only linebacker to start the season injured and the only one to miss significant time due to injury. This team can't hit on a linebacker to save their own lives, and it shows. They've even had guys in Saints uniforms... like Dunbar, Casillas, and Davis... who go on to other teams and find success and turn into starters. Either bring in another established HEALTHY HEALTHY HEALTHY vet from another team, or overhaul the entire linebacking coaching/talent evaluation staff. The Saints aren't turning coal into diamonds at linebacker and have a zero percent success rate at developing the guys they draft.

TL;DR: The defense sorely lacks depth, talent, and in some areas coaching, and it shows.

Exactly right.

And PLEASE Cadet, when you are 3rd and 8, don't break it off at 6.

/Situational awareness

Robertson,Stupar, and Mauti are playing better here than anywhere else they have in their careers. Fairley is better than anywhere he has played. Edebali has developed into a decent pass rusher. Jenkins, Davison and the new guy we drafted are all continually getting better. Tapp heck never heard of him. Our whole secondary under Glenn. Which coaches are you guys complaining about that are horrible again?

key stat

Penalties
CAR : 5-51
NO : 10-126

Carolina was only able to keep it as close as they did because of 3 long ball PI that set them up at the 1. If it werent for that, good chance we held them to more FGs because our defense was still playing solid despite the out routes that were happening.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom