Did Dorsey's draft status go down becuase of the Auburn game (1 Viewer)

Honestly, I think it may have helped in a way by providing an excuse for his unspectacular play the rest of the year. Despite all the hype, his play before the chop block was really not worth the buzz he was getting. He really got handled in the Florida game.

Against Florida Dorsey had 6 tackles, a sack, a batted pass and two quarterback hurries.

Wow, what a horrible game. Spread that over the coarse of a season and he would have only had 84 tackles, 14 sacks, 14 batted balls and 28 QB hurries.

Amazing how many people formed their opinion of Dorsey getting "handled" by the broadcaster that called Ryan perrilloux, Ryan Parallel.

Florida double and sometimes tripled teamed him. This slowed him down to 5 tackles,

Against Florida Dorsey had 6 tackles, a sack, a batted pass and two quarterback hurries.

Wow, what a horrible game. Spread that over the coarse of a season and he would have only had 84 tackles, 14 sacks, 14 batted balls and 28 QB hurries.

Amazing how many people formed their opinion of Dorsey getting "handled" by the broadcaster that called Ryan perrilloux, Ryan Parallel.

Florida double and sometimes tripled teamed him. This slowed him down to 5 tackles,

yep, Dorsey was upstopable in COLLEGE!!!
Saints take him at 10 and show us what he can do in the NFL...

I watched the game. He finally showed up in the last Florida drive, but he was getting blocked by one guy most of that game and was really neutralized. For a guy who is supposed to be such a great DT, he was getting stood up by one guy for most of the game. I watched him closely like I did all season. They didn't game plan him. Florida didn't double team him much. They pretty much ran the ball straight at him with good success. And Tebow did as he pleased in a perfect pocket all game. Then on the last drive Dorsey had an effect as a pass rusher.

But don't let any of those things interfere with what the media has been telling you about Dorsey all season long.

For those that don't remember.

This is Dorsey blowing up Chaz Ramsey.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0-LkCvNK2iM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0-LkCvNK2iM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

This is Chaz Ramsey chop blocking Dorsey later in the game.
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqiLlOybz9s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vqiLlOybz9s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

For a guy who is supposed to be such a great DT, he was getting stood up by one guy for most of the game. I watched him closely like I did all season. They didn't game plan him. Florida didn't double team him much. They pretty much ran the ball straight at him with good success. And Tebow did as he pleased in a perfect pocket all game. Then on the last drive Dorsey had an effect as a pass rusher.

But don't let any of those things interfere with what the media has been telling you about Dorsey all season long.

With all due respect, my friend, DTs NEVER get a single blocker. Offenses have 5 on the line of scrimmage, defenses usually four. By sheer numbers, one of the DTs has to get 2, and since Dorsey was usually lined up directly across from the center, that would be him. Don't forget that centers tend to be smaller than OGs and therefore most teams assign a guard to help out. That is simple math: 5 blockers, 4 rushers, one of the defensive tackles is going to get two on every down. Given standard college blocking schemes, I can't imagine how Florida or anybody else could or would put only one blocker on Dorsey.

More to the point, Mike Detillier has ranked Dorsey as the #1 prospect in the entire draft. Mike D ain't exactly chopped liver, and I tend trust to him. Most experts pick Dorsey as one of the top five. They can't all be wrong.

With all due respect, my friend, DTs NEVER get a single blocker. Offenses have 5 on the line of scrimmage, defenses usually four. By sheer numbers, one of the DTs has to get 2, and since Dorsey was usually lined up directly across from the center, that would be him. Don't forget that centers tend to be smaller than OGs and therefore most teams assign a guard to help out. That is simple math: 5 blockers, 4 rushers, one of the defensive tackles is going to get two on every down. Given standard college blocking schemes, I can't imagine how Florida or anybody else could or would put only one blocker on Dorsey.

More to the point, Mike Detillier has ranked Dorsey as the #1 prospect in the entire draft. Mike D ain't exactly chopped liver, and I tend trust to him. Most experts pick Dorsey as one of the top five. They can't all be wrong.

If you ever get a chance to see the game (not just selected highlights), please watch it. I'm not fabricating things to make my posts more interesting.

Mike D is a good draft talent evaluator, but there have been many instances where draft experts were wrong. Ryan Sims was the the top DT on just about everyone's boards in his draft. He was, I believe, selected sixth overall. What's he done?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom