Did Drew Selfishness hurt the team?!! (1 Viewer)

I don't think Brady would of came to NOLA, because we wouldn't play nice with hiring his friends.

So, who plays QB all season?

It's a legitimate question IMO... even though it won't go over well here. It's hard to answer really. Simply because we have no idea how his replacement would have played in his absence down the stretch.
Good point

goes 2 ways....as hurt as it was reported he was/still is...he.still lead team hurt/more hurt/sideline IR hurt coaching to 12-4.

you gotta let that sink in how good dude is/was, how much he meant to the team, how well he runs this offense and how much the coach believed in his guys he's rode with for the past 15+ seasons.

the only other option is...he sits him down and you find out just how bad this team is without him playing entire season.

Taysom would have literally KO'd himself trying to KO the opposition. Winston would be slinging the ball all over the place to random wr's due to injuries,losing AK for weeks, no Taysom, not a full grasp of the offense (imo) to truly be dangerous out there.

6-10 - 7-9 at best.
Good point bro

Selfishness? I wouldn't say Drew was/is Selfish, I think his competitive fire still burned and he like a lot of players felt they were so close to winning a Championship, but to no fault of Drew I think when you have to sub in a QB to throw the ball deep, it might be time to look for another QB and that was pretty evident last year in the playoffs vs the Vikings but also questioned the year before vs Rams which brought memories of the year prior vs the Vikings.

tenor.gif

does feel trollish, but wading in anyway

i doubt there is any professional athlete who does not have a healthy sense of self and think that they could help win a game (except maybe for some backup QBs or long snappers who might have a more nuanced idea about how they impact a team)
Drew doesn't get to where he is without extraordinary confidence in his abilities - that confidence is not a light switch to turn off willynilly
the most accurate QB of alltime is not all of a sudden going to get some 10000 ft perspective about how he's doing - he's going to stay laser focused on doing everything he can to succeed
whether that is selfish or selfless is an academic exercise best left to grad students

Just like Taysom last year, yes we would have probably won with Jameis instead of Drew, or just running the ball instead of putting it on Drew’s torn shoulder to win the game.

Sean’s opinion is that Drew earned the right to go out on his own terms. I agree with that, but am also very upset knowing we could have moved to the next round just like last season when the Vikings didn’t have an answer for Taysom.

The problem is that there were other veterans on this team that lost out on the chance to go further in the playoffs not just Drew.

Healthy Drew or not, this team constantly loses games like this. They stay getting punched in the mouth when it matters the most. IMO, it doesn't matter who lined up at QB.

Thinking back to the 2013 playoff game against Seattle, I felt like they went into that game as prepared as they could possibly be. It didn't matter.

They were breaking records left and right in 2011. Come playoffs it didn't matter.

There's probably half a dozen regular season games that we needed to win to maintain seeding position, put distance between us and other contenders - and we lost.

How many games have we lost to absolute scrubs. Winless Rams. The Browns. The friggin Jets. It doesn't matter who's healthy, where we play, what kind of game Sean calls - or what's on the line: We blow it when all the signs say we should've won.

That has been our identity throughout most of the Brees/Payton era. The variables don't matter, the results are the same.

Except for that one time - that one glorious season - when the sun shone in our direction. When all the stars lined up for us.

This season ended for the Saints exactly how it was destined to. A lot of posters talk about remembering the dark years before Payton and Brees as if they are completely separate from who we are now. I don't think that's necessarily the case. It's just two sides of the same coin.

I have asked myself that question this season. But it hasn't been anything to do with Drew's injuries. It was more about the rumor that he was going to retire but changed his mind when he heard we were going to sign Brady. The opening day report from Shefter and others seemed to support it.

This screams troll. Lol like Drew stopped the game. "Alright refs let's just take a break right here so I can enjoy this moment with my teammates and family." The leagues and the broadcasters stop games for records, not players.
This.
Ridiculous to imply that Drew stopped the games.

If what Mrs. Brees says is true why wouldn’t Drew step aside and allow someone else to take over at Qb to help the TEAM win!! I know the Drew lovers and lovers of his stats gonna come for me but idc really. This is a team game and I am a SAINTS FAN not a particular player fan!! I looked over the fact his selfish ways would literally stop a game for breaking a record like he just won another ring when other great QBs wouldn’t do such a thing when they break them. But this was an Extremely Selfish act to force it play hurt knowing he couldn’t push the ball downfield!! Go figure I’m not shocked brother should any of you!!
Wow. Dude if you think the other 2 quarterbacks on this team can win a game easier than Drew can I feel sorry for you as a so called football fan.

I'm curious to ask everyone but I don't want to make a new thread for it. We have enough drew threads around here lol.

IF drew does decide to come back, would you guys rather drew back for one more try and possibly fail again for the 5th straight try? Or go with another option and move on and possibly have straight 7-10 or lower seasons for the next 5 years?

(Not saying we will go 7-10 or worse. Im just giving a scenario. There is only one brees, 40+ year old or not and yes I realize we went 8-1 without him, but every team is different each year)

I'm curious to ask everyone but I don't want to make a new thread for it. We have enough drew threads around here lol.

IF drew does decide to come back, would you guys rather drew back for one more try and possibly fail again for the 5th straight try? Or go with another option and move on and possibly have straight 7-10 or lower seasons for the next 5 years?

(Not saying we will go 7-10 or worse just saying there is only one brees and yes I realize we went 8-1 without him, but every team is different each year)

I am ready for him to move on for our sake, but also for his own health.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom