Did no one hear Chris Mortensen? (1 Viewer)

I know GMs say a lot of things they dont mean this time of year but take it for what its worth. This is Giants GM Jerry Reese just two weeks ago:

"He is our starting tight end," Reese said. One NFL official told Newsday that Shockey wouldn't even be in high demand, asking rhetorically "Would you make a trade for someone with a rod in his leg who can hardly walk?" Shockey should be fine by training camp, but he's clearly not on the block.

EDIT: I just realized that the quote is not entirely from Reese. The "NFL source" does make a good point though.

as long as shockey doesn't cost too much i think it would be ok. how much better is shockey than crumpler, just wondering what everyone else thinks

One of them has the stench of Falcon on him. The other does not.

I thought Velma was a better fit for a 3-4. Then again, Velma is the kind of beast that you change your whole defense for.

Oooh, maybe we're moving to a 3-4; I think you might be on to something there. I want Daphne playing the nose.

shockey is a passionate player, who is a bit of a hot head but i don't believe he's a "cancer". i would love to get him.

Oooh, maybe we're moving to a 3-4; I think you might be on to something there. I want Daphne playing the nose.

The Jets are moving to a 3-4 scheme and they do not feel that Vilma fits there well. Thus, they are trying to move him. Vilma had his best days as a 4-3 MLB. Sorry, but we are staying with a 4-3...

Has anyone heard about a posible trade involving Josh Bullocks and a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Shockey being thrown around?

lets get this out of the way now

Vilma = solid MLB that we all hope is in all black with a gold helmet next fall

Velma = Scooby Doo character that loves orange and wears glasses...

John clayton just we are talking to giants on Sports Center

I heard the same interview. Also heard we were after both Velma and Shockey. It said we were trying to sign Velma and also looking at going after Shockey.

I'd love Velma, but I'd have to see how the Shockey thing plays out before I'd get too excited. Oh, heck, who am I kidding? If we landed both those guys, I'd go crazy with excitement.

That would be awesome, but I thought the hot orange haired cartoon chick from Scooby Doo was named Thelma. Oh well, Thelma / Velma whatever. She'd be an awesome corner!

Thelma eats Beasts!

The Jets are moving to a 3-4 scheme and they do not feel that Vilma fits there well. Thus, they are trying to move him. Vilma had his best days as a 4-3 MLB. Sorry, but we are staying with a 4-3...

Good post. That is what's been going around. He IS NOT a 3-4 guy.

lets get this out of the way now

Vilma = solid MLB that we all hope is in all black with a gold helmet next fall

Velma = Scooby Doo character that loves orange and wears glasses...

:9:

Hmmm Shockey? That could go either way... I think he is a great TE and a fire plug that could really provide us with a spark. However... Can he stay healthy? Will he be too much for the Payton locker room to handle?

If we sign him and Vilma, this will be an interesting FA period!

I wonder what we offered for Shockey... We seem to be fairly liberal in throwing our picks around this offseason if the rumors are true.

True, but we are coming to the point that if we are gonna win the SB, it will be within the next 3 years. So we need players now, not projects.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom