Did Payton Take A Veiled Swipe At Reggie? (1 Viewer)

Doesn't sound like Payton to me. If he has something to say .....He just says it.

Birdog, exactly how would you define BUST?

Did you hear what B Baldinger said about McFadden? He described what's wrong (in his opinion, of course) in McFadden's game. That was right after the regular season ended, and he compared Pierre Thomas to McFadden, and came to the conclusion that PT is the better runner. He had a piece on Fox.com and we discussed that here at that time. I'm sure if you do a search, you will find the treads where Baldy's statements were discussed.

On second thought....here, take a look

SportingNews.com - Your expert source for NFL Football stats, scores, standings, blogs and fantasy news from NFL Football columnists

And here's the tread on this: Brian Baldinger on Pierre Thomas/McFadden - SaintsReport Community Forums

Last edited:
It really doesn't surprise me that the short list doesn't recall anything about the quote I mentioned from last year. It was on television and radio. The WWL pundits were all over it for weeks. Yep, really doesn't surprise me at all that none of you can remember anything about it since it was very negative press about the hero himself.

I think Reggie Bush will be very good, but I also understand that he has holes in his game right now and areas he must improve on. Believe me, I do not have selective memory when it comes to Reggie Bush.

You are the only one you seems to remember this thing about Payton calling Bush out for begging to sit. You keep saying how abundant the information is, so why can't you simply provide any proof that he said this? You claim everyone knows about it, but it seems that you are the ONLY person that knows about it.

It all makes you look like you are making this up and dramatically reaching, all in an effort to diss Bush. Provide a link or move on.

Did you hear what B Baldinger said about McFadden? ... he compared Pierre Thomas to McFadden, and came to the conclusion that PT is the better runner.

I think Baldy was talking about running style. McFadden's running style is mostly hitting holes fast or breaking it to the outside, similar to Reggie's. Pierre's style is more like the patient, durable, swivel hip RB's with a low center of gravity (Terrelle Davis is a good example). RB's with McFadden's style have trouble in the NFL because NFL defenders are so fast. Pierre's style doesn't rely on speed as much as strength, quickness, balance, and durability. There are exceptions of course. Eric Dickerson and Ricky Watters ran like Bush and McFadden and were successful. McFadden's size will help some, so he has the potential to be a better RB than Reggie.

Reggie can still be a good NFL RB, but he better hurry. I think this year will be pivotal for Reggie. I wish him nothing but the best.

McFadden's size will help some, so he has the potential to be a better RB than Reggie.

QUOTE]

But there is also the potential to be a bust! I think that's what Baldy means, when looking at his style. Baldy is almost making the case that more or less, McFadden is almost a straight line runner, cause he almost never makes a cut in his runs.....ELUSIVENESS
is the word he uses when comparing the 2 RBs....and he likes PT better. He even goes that far as to say that in his opinion Felix Jones is a 1st round pick, and McFadden shouldn't be one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom