Did Reggie ever comment on that unforced fumble (1 Viewer)

He lost control of the ball after he broke the sound barrier. The sonic boom startled him and dropped it. He just needs to keep it under Mach one from now on.

That's the best explanation I've read. I think he ran so fast, he went back in time half a second, but the ball retained it's position in space, thus he lost it.

You're correct. That happened to a seasoned vet named Jerry Rice. It happens to the best of them. No one talks about how Reggie juked several Niners out of their shoes to create that run, just how he fumbled? I don't get it.

Because a fumble is a big deal. What if the ball bounced into the field of play and was recovered by the 49ers? It could have greatly changed the outcome of the game. It is something Reggie still needs to work on.

Reggie is going to learn who and what he's playing meaning, NEXT TIME: Reggie KNOWS no one , NO ONE can catch him in a situation like that!!!

When he hits his stride like that he can just focus on the END ZONE and simply hang on to the ball as usual! I don't blame him at all to worry about this new NFL he is in and wanting to do the right thing! Heck he had time to THINK about this and that as he was leaving the 9'er's in his wake! Lordy he IS FAST!!!!

Reggie is going to learn who and what he's playing meaning, NEXT TIME: Reggie KNOWS no one , NO ONE can catch him in a situation like that!!!

When he hits his stride like that he can just focus on the END ZONE and simply hang on to the ball as usual! I don't blame him at all to worry about this new NFL he is in and wanting to do the right thing! Heck he had time to THINK about this and that as he was leaving the 9'er's in his wake! Lordy he IS FAST!!!!

thats too funny........reggie " hmm I wonder what moms gonna cook tonight ? havent had a good home cooked meal in a while......." I wonder if I am holding the ball like Payton told me too " " Is someone to close to me? " " what side is he on ?" " maybe my right???"

while the 49ers are gasping for air trying to catch em.......lol.....reggie 5 yards out in front.

He got distracted because someone kept yelling "Meet me in Margaritaville!".

He lost control of the ball after he broke the sound barrier. The sonic boom startled him and dropped it. He just needs to keep it under Mach one from now on.

LOL! Seriously, though, that was a beautiful run until that happened.

Man oh man....forget the fumble. Did you see him kick it into his 3rd gear when he just blew past the safety?

If you watch it in slow motion, you can literally see him decide to throw it into another gear and turn on the after burners. It was over after that.....until the fumble of course.

I think the miscue may have had something to do with him just getting excited combined with a little fatigue kicking in. I mean good lord, the guy did just run 70 yards in like 6 seconds. It was a thing of beauty despite the fumble.

The cut he made to get into the open field was unbelievable too. He made it almost at full speed. There really are not many players capable of that.....Vick, LT, LJ, Bush, and Portis....that's about it.

Even though he scored anyway (2 plays later), i am kinda sad that he didn't do it on the initial run, because can you imagine his dive into the endzone? Just like his days at SC.

Dude, we were all standing and jumping up & down when he broke loose to the sideline. Then, it was like our whole section got punched in the gut when he fumbled. Man, he was gone and a long TD run would have been gravy, even though he got it, what, 2 plays later?
I can't complain.

I loved seeing the replay on ESPN with a little Chris Berman "whoooops". Only downside was he cost me 6 pts in my fantasy league as I have Brees as my qb. Great game, I hope he continues to make plays next week. Sunday night, in Dallas...chance for the whole team to show the country that they are for real and some of our players to show that they are top notch players: Brees, Colston, Deuce, Bush, W. Smith, etc.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom