Did the ******** falcons get better? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, when Jalen Hurts played us in one of his first games in 2020, he didn't look like last year's Jalen Hurts but definitely showed some flashes. Ridder looked bad last year. I do not expect him to be a good QB.
He looked better in the games after ours (94.4 rating across three games), but not so well to get overly worried about it.

Also, although we completely shut him down, they still gashed us for 231 and two TD’s on the ground. They should still have a solid rushing attack and Ridder will be improved.

Luckily for us our QB should be much improved also.

I'm also not as impressed/worried about the Campbell signing as some are. He turns 37 at the start of the season and had 5.5 sacks last year on BAL's defense and 1.5 the year before that. He used to be a great player, but he seems like just a guy now.
Sacks are random to an extent, but QB pressures tend to be consistent year over year (on average one out seven pressures is converted to a sack). He was still one of the top DL players at generating pressure last year, with the right snap count he can likely turn in one more good year. He’s also still a force against the run.

It's really hard to know how they will do next year but yeah, that team will be a thorn in the Saints side for years to come. sad to say it but you know they will bring their A game against us. Allen doesn't root against rivals the way that Payton did. Payton declared the Falcons the enemy. Allen is more like, 'look see, they are compeition, and well, people who are competition are going to play hard and so will we."
I guffawed

seriously if I were the Falcons, I’d be upgrading the Oline, bc id want to protect Lamar Jackson. We‘ve never been good vs elite RPO QBs. This goes back to Randall Cunningham and Michael Vick. The Ravens embarrassed us last year.

I did like what i heard from DA in that latest interview, where he was glad to have J Williams bc he wants a physical hard hitting team. Or something like that.

There better no doubt. Who knows if Ridder will improve, I don't for see him become a top 10 talent but if he can be something of a game manger they could wins some games.

Honestly Carolina is way more worrying then Atlanta.

1. Frank Reich is darn good coach. He has put together an impressive coaching staff.
2. They have a young talented defense.
3. Even after moving up to the top spot in the draft they have picks in each of the first three round and two in the 4th, so they will be able to address many needs.
4. The last part of the puzzle is who they draft at #1. If they get lucky and strike gold then or window will be shutting very rapidly.

I think we will still be the favorites to win the division the year. Its been over a decade since a Rookie QB made the playoffs.

If the Bucs suck as bad as it looks like they might be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes next year. Would not be surprised to see this go from one of the worst divisions to one of the toughts in a few years.

They weren't too bad last year. They have gotten better for sure. They always play us tough regardless.

There better no doubt. Who knows if Ridder will improve, I don't for see him become a top 10 talent but if he can be something of a game manger they could wins some games.

Honestly Carolina is way more worrying then Atlanta.

1. Frank Reich is darn good coach. He has put together an impressive coaching staff.
2. They have a young talented defense.
3. Even after moving up to the top spot in the draft they have picks in each of the first three round and two in the 4th, so they will be able to address many needs.
4. The last part of the puzzle is who they draft at #1. If they get lucky and strike gold then or window will be shutting very rapidly.

I think we will still be the favorites to win the division the year. Its been over a decade since a Rookie QB made the playoffs.

If the Bucs suck as bad as it looks like they might be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes next year. Would not be surprised to see this go from one of the worst divisions to one of the toughts in a few years.
#3 on your list really chaps my arse. Have to hope they blow this #1 pick,

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom