Did the guy from Empire fake a hate crime? (1 Viewer)

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Sticky Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/arts/television/empire-jussie-smollett-attacked.amp.html

Jussie Smollett, one of the stars of the Fox television show “Empire,” was attacked in Chicago early Tuesday morning by two people who yelled racial and homophobic slurs and wrapped a rope around his neck, according to the police, who said they were investigating the incident as “a possible hate crime.”
When I saw this story, I immediately thought of Charlie Rogers. She is someone who I met during a 8 week training course I attended in 2008.

A few years later this happened.,,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalstar.com/news/local/911/rogers-pleads-no-contest-in-fake-hate-crime-case/article_d6e6532a-91f7-5317-849c-a44f9b1269dc.amp.html

Charlie Rogers maintained her innocence even as a Lancaster County judge found her guilty Monday of faking the anti-gay hate crime that shocked Lincoln and made headlines across the country.
She seemed like a normal person and was one of the most well liked people in our class. Clearly either she was masking mental illness, or something happened that got her to the point of faking an attack to get attention.

I’m not saying that I am certain that Smollett made this up, but his story is having a harder time checking out than I’d expect if it were true.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I enter every one of these the same way.....I give it time to play itself out. I'm in no hurry to call someone a liar that potentially went through something horrific yet I'm also in no hurry to believe we actually have scumbags like that walking around. I'll reserve any judgement until the investigation gets to the bottom of it. Reporting routinely out runs the story these days.

SaintsFan11

Allons à Lafayette
Reaction score
Purported victim claims he was on his phone with his manager at the time of the attack, but won't turn his phone over to the police to corroborate. Don't buy it.

And the "surveillance" just shows two people on the street. Doesn't show anything else.

The good news is that we'll still be able to dialogue about this when it's proven to be a farce because, after all, it could have happened.

Edit: The police have released a photo of two persons of interest. For some reason, I don't feel the need to retract my post...

Attachments

Last edited:

Saintslfc13

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Purported victim claims he was on his phone with his manager at the time of the attack, but won't turn his phone over to the police to corroborate. Don't buy it.

And the "surveillance" just shows two people on the street. Doesn't show anything else.

The good news is that we'll still be able to dialogue about this when it's proven to be a farce because, after all, it could have happened.

Edit: The police have released a photo of two persons of interest. For some reason, I don't feel the need to retract my post...
Why are you so sure it's farcical? I'll admit I thought the same thing initially but I've seen nothing much to suggest that since then. Yea there is no real real evidence but that doesn't mean it didn't happen, that just means it can't be prosecuted.

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
I do ignore people who only pop up to play the victim. You'll never see them when one of theirs murders 5 women in a bank, or worse...

One of my numbers? If it was remotely possible for you to stop looking at the world that way then you wouldn't find yourself trying to defend people who lie about being victims.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
Reaction score
You're confusing stating facts with defending someone.

You were the second one (as expected) to present your irrelevant case as to how this incident must be a hoax.

The Chicago PD's statements are all I'm interested in. I'm not going back & forth all day with you or anyone else during this juncture of the investigation.

Last edited:

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
You're confusing stating facts with defending someone.

You were the second one (as expected) to present your irrelevant case as to how this incident must be a hoax.

The Chicago PD's statements are all I'm interested in. I'm not going back & forth all day with you or anyone else during this juncture of the investigation.
I think your indignation would be better focused on TMZ, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post, Kamala Harris, Corey Booker, AOC, etc. Or, people could quit making up outrageous lies - probably too much to ask.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think your indignation would be better focused on TMZ, BuzzFeed, Huffington Post, Kamala Harris, Corey Booker, AOC, etc. Or, people could quit making up outrageous lies - probably too much to ask.
Just for the record, you're saying you reject lies and wish people would stop lying?

When 2018 began, the president had made 1,989 false and misleading claims, according to The Fact Checker’s database, which tracks every suspect statement uttered by the president. By the end of the year, Trump had accumulated more than 7,600 untruths during his presidency — averaging more than 15 erroneous claims a day during 2018, almost triple the rate from the year before.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/30/year-unprecedented-deception-trump-averaged-false-claims-day/?utm_term=.e3c8000b67cb

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
in the last year or so you've become such a 4chan conduit
maybe you always were and you've just gotten a bit artless in your shtick and the mask is slipping

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom