Did the guy from Empire fake a hate crime? (1 Viewer)

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
Sticky Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/01/29/arts/television/empire-jussie-smollett-attacked.amp.html

Jussie Smollett, one of the stars of the Fox television show “Empire,” was attacked in Chicago early Tuesday morning by two people who yelled racial and homophobic slurs and wrapped a rope around his neck, according to the police, who said they were investigating the incident as “a possible hate crime.”
When I saw this story, I immediately thought of Charlie Rogers. She is someone who I met during a 8 week training course I attended in 2008.

A few years later this happened.,,

https://www.google.com/amp/s/journalstar.com/news/local/911/rogers-pleads-no-contest-in-fake-hate-crime-case/article_d6e6532a-91f7-5317-849c-a44f9b1269dc.amp.html

Charlie Rogers maintained her innocence even as a Lancaster County judge found her guilty Monday of faking the anti-gay hate crime that shocked Lincoln and made headlines across the country.
She seemed like a normal person and was one of the most well liked people in our class. Clearly either she was masking mental illness, or something happened that got her to the point of faking an attack to get attention.

I’m not saying that I am certain that Smollett made this up, but his story is having a harder time checking out than I’d expect if it were true.

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
They still have not located the attackers or video evidence of the attack? Probably find them about the same time OJ finds the real killer.

BobE

Now with Covfefe
Reaction score
Rafer Weigel
@RaferWeigel
@Chicago_Police
say they’ve ID’d retailers of the rope found on #JussieSmollet & are now visiting every store in the city 2 check surveillance 2 see who bought it. They’ve also obtained more video from nearby hotels & red light cameras. Still no video of alleged attack

Rafer Weigel
@RaferWeigel
@Chicago_Police
say they are combing through 100’s of hours of video to piece together every step #JussieSmollet made that night and given the amount of cameras where he was they say they’ll be able to do it. It’s just taking a lot of time and canvassing.

SaintInBucLand

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Looks like the Chicago Police Department are intent on making him out to be the bad guy. Typical, and when they are suffering from a race problem as well.

0rion

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Looks like the Chicago Police Department are intent on making him out to be the bad guy. Typical, and when they are suffering from a race problem as well.
I read that completely different..... I read that as they were doing due diligence in solving the crime. I tend to always err on the side of the cops being the good guys. I know that isn't always the case but more often than not I think they are.

SaintsFan11

Allons à Lafayette
Reaction score
That's an assumption....he could just as easily be a victim of a terrible crime. Just can't make assumptions until the police are done and even then there may never be a solid outcome.
but you said the police were trying to make him out to be the bad guy by investigating the matter...

Flipx99

Thanks MJ!
Reaction score
I like sweet potato pie
Jussie likes to lie, and all Mr. Bishop has to say is he likes sweet potato pie.

In other news, USA Today reported that CNN's Don Lemon is checking in on Jussie daily via phone and/or text. Let that sink in - the person many consider to be the face of "the most trusted name in news" is either too stupid or biased to see through one of the most blatant hoaxes in memory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
SystemShock Political Discussion Board 5

Headlines

Top Bottom