Did this really happen at Saints camp the other day? (1 Viewer)

mdharper

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Two things.

Don't feed the trolls.

Let football players do their jobs. (That's get ready for games. They play for free)

Shadeaux

TheMatrix~Ak41/Mi22
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I don't remember seeing any players engaging in any such behavior. The snow cone truck was all the way on the other side of the field next to the indoor facility. What player in his right mind is going to get a snow cone, then come charging across the field to tease kids? As hot as it was, there wouldn't be much of a snow cone left from that distance.

Why on earth are you calling Sno-balls snow cones? :idunno:

LA_Steve

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Autographs are like catching a fly ball at a baseball game. Sometimes you get one, most of the time you dont.

woomf

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think catching a fly ball at a baseball game is way better than an autograph. I have been a sports fan all my life and even as a kid never thought an autograph was that special. Maybe it is cool that some athlete you like is paying attention to you for 5 to 10 seconds. Autographs today have become a commodity which makes it even less special. Get a life, not an autograph.

Icon

Veteran
Reaction score
Autographs are like catching a fly ball at a baseball game. Sometimes you get one, most of the time you dont.
Unless it's understood that I would turn around and try to profit from the signature, I absolutely don't see the appeal of placing a strong importance on getting someone to scribble their name on something of mine.

For a kid it makes much more sense............their life priorities are different and they look up to these athletes at that moment. But once you get in your adult years....and you're either the same age as, or older than, many of these players.....it should start to feel a bit silly.

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree with points 1 and 2. But just for discussion, I'm 46 and my kids are 6 and 4 years old.
That sounds brutal. Mine are 19 and 16 and I am 51. I can't imagine them being that young at this stage of my life.

JackT.

was Jake from State Farm
Reaction score
went to his page and from what I have seen, he didn't write that. One, most his posts have cuss words every other word. and it isn't on his page. more fake news.

State Of Affairs

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I think the Saints are as fan-friendly as just about any team. The relationship with the fans is part of the team culture. Either this is false, or it just wasn't the right time for autographs. The idea that Saints players are intentionally teasing children with hopes of autographs only to then laugh at them and eat snowballs is pretty outlandish IMO.
Completely agree... I wasn’t at practice Saturday but this sounds like either BS or some parent that thinks the players should stop in the middle of practice to give autographs the embellished this story to make it sound like a horror story... smh

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom