Did this really happen at Saints camp the other day? (1 Viewer)

I think the Saints are as fan-friendly as just about any team. The relationship with the fans is part of the team culture. Either this is false, or it just wasn't the right time for autographs. The idea that Saints players are intentionally teasing children with hopes of autographs only to then laugh at them and eat snowballs is pretty outlandish IMO.

Does anyone have any twitter pics (since posts show the date) of players signing for fans on Aug 3rd? Or pics with dates on them as well? People are now believing that the players really didn't sign. Gotta post proof that they did.

I think the Saints are as fan-friendly as just about any team. The relationship with the fans is part of the team culture. Either this is false, or it just wasn't the right time for autographs. The idea that Saints players are intentionally teasing children with hopes of autographs only to then laugh at them and eat snowballs is pretty outlandish IMO.

I've been out there a few days now and can tell you this story makes no sense. They always sign after practice. The only guys who don't are the ones who go straight into the trainers to get work done from injury. Most guys stay for at least twenty and sometimes 30 minutes.

The part about laughing at the kids and eating snowballs is ridiculous. I think most of you know the nature of our team. Even the star players who would normally be stand-offish are polite and courteous on this team.

2 things bug me with the post other than the fact i doubt it happened

1. dude wrote a huge paragraph but couldn't spell out RIGHT in the first sentence.
2. it's a pet peeve of mine when people feel they have justify and say how long they've been a fan when they say they're a huge fan.

also, tom dempsey last played for the saints in 1970, which puts this guy at least 49 years old and then he would've been a newborn, not a "die hard fan". so add some years, he'd be like mid 50's. so wouldnt his "kids" likely be in their 20s/30s. pretty sure they can live without an autograph.

Something smells. If this person was a fan in the Dempsey days, his kids are surely 30-40 years old.
yeah this was my red flag
archie and tom weren't even on the team together
and if the poster was a 'fan' of dempsey - who left in 1970 - that makes the poster somewhere around 60
sure he may be on 2nd, 3rd or 4th family - but it strains credulity

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom